X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GFS ventures into Active pickups...

Interesting.

Re: GFS ventures into Active pickups...

Wow and for just 30 Dolla?? If is wasn't broke and hated actives if definitely try them!
    I like GFS... They have some quality kit for great price!
    There's nothing less metal than trying to act metal.

Comment

I wonder who`s tech they ripped off this time... Probably the only pickups where I`d use Dimarzio first, and anyone than knows me knows that`s saying a lot

It wouldn`t surprise me one bit to saw them in half and find a pure 1:1 ripoff of an EMG or SD underneath and I`d expect SD and EMG to already be doing exactly this to find out. It wouldn`t be the first time they knowingly infringed on someone else`s IP or flat out stole it (Lil humbuckers, for example), and I fully support them getting sued for damages (again) if it`s once again the case.

Companies like this need to learn that while imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, no amount of flattery gives you the right to sell that Idea as your own. Unfortunately, people don`t care because they want cheap, cheap cheap, now , now now...... And then they ***** and moan a year later when their engineering job gets axed and outsourced to china.
      Last edited by Zerberus; 02-23-2013, 04:32 AM.
      Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

I'm not going to get into an argument about what somebody may think GFS ripped off.

I'm interested in the fact that Jay explicitly says these are not voiced like EMGs in any way.
        Nope...

Comment

Originally posted by Zerberus View Post
          I wonder who`s tech they ripped off this time... Probably the only pickups where I`d use Dimarzio first, and anyone than knows me knows that`s saying a lot

It wouldn`t surprise me one bit to saw them in half and find a pure 1:1 ripoff of an EMG or SD underneath and I`d expect SD and EMG to already be doing exactly this to find out. It wouldn`t be the first time they knowingly infringed on someone else`s IP or flat out stole it (Lil humbuckers, for example), and I fully support them getting sued for damages (again) if it`s once again the case.

Companies like this need to learn that while imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, no amount of flattery gives you the right to sell that Idea as your own. Unfortunately, people don`t care because they want cheap, cheap cheap, now , now now...... And then they ***** and moan a year later when their engineering job gets axed and outsourced to china.
          In the same way that everyone else copied Seth Lovers idea of the humbucking pickup and sold it as their own... In fact Seymour Duncan started off building his pickups as upgrades for existing tech using the same basic ideas... The company also works to replicate some of the original Gibson PAF's and vintage fender single coils.... Same thing with locking tuners, TOM bridges, Tokai guitars (who,among other brands, create copies of existing guitars that exceed the quality of the originals...) and even the 6 point tremolo...
          There's nothing less metal than trying to act metal.

Comment

I'll try them out for sure, just because I like a lot of what they have (dislike a lot as well), but they are also so cheap. If I had more money, I probably wouldn't pay as much attention but I have to take what I can get and be happy with it.

Interested in their tele actives.
            Last edited by Myaccount876; 02-23-2013, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X