oh the Aftermath...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oh the Aftermath...

fed ex just rolled up, NPD. i got one of those BK/CTS 550k pots as well.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_zpsb92bc8f1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	5826817
    if i wasnt sick as a dog from touring the middle of america for two weeks id get started installing. but it can wait, i guess. feelin like death reheated in the microwave.

Re: oh the Aftermath...

Nice. What guitar are they going in?
    My Blog: thisismyhatnow.blogspot.com

Originally posted by kevlar3000
    The smoker is great at adding a few decades, kinda like having Keith Richards breathe on yer guitar for a few hours...
    Originally posted by CTN
    I will kill you. Then I will resuscitate you, so you can watch me steal your new Tokai and play some horrible sounding ultra-dissonant death metal on it, then I will kill you again.
    FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! DC RESISTANCE DOES NOT DETERMINE ACTUAL OUTPUT OF A PICKUP.

Comment

going in ESP NV STD, the black one, alder body neck thru maple neck ebony board. the white one has the el diablo and nothing in neck which i like a lot. i may just hook up the bridge aftermath for now, as i rarely use neck pickups anyway. i have two other guitars that have neck pickups so its not like im dyin to have a neck pickup. i just do not have a ton of experience wiring pickups, and have a show in two days. i'd need some time to think about wiring both bridge and neck in.

Comment

Hells yeah! If you hook it up I could use a quick review of the neck pickup, I can't decide if I'm gonna go in blind with the AM neck or just get a CS.

Comment

i will try to describe as best i can IZZ, my reviews dont get past "i like" and "sh!t sucks" too much, but ill give it a go. as for now just the bridge will be in as i dont have the patience to hook up both, plus i have to translate the wiring color, as i really have little of a clue of what im doing. the instructions didnt have a 2 pickup 1 vol diagram, so im just gonna try to translate from sd diagram. im very excited to say the least tho. wish i could snap my digits and be done with it. who knows, i may end up selling the AM neck, and leaving gaping hole. i'm crazy like that.

Comment

Word. It's not that hard bro, here's a conversion chart: https://bareknucklepickups.co.uk/mai...sion_chart.pdf

Seeing them in red makes me wish my Kelly wasn't green, I'm doing the beat up black covers on mine.

Comment

you da man iZZ, thanks for that, youve helped me out on a number of occasions. yeah i got a major chub when i saw the red, although the tyger covers drive me insane ha. are you beating up your own covers? or are you getting just covers from them? you really cant go wrong with any of their covers, the weird oily rainbow covers make me wanna puke tho.

Comment

Nah, I'm ordering them "battleworn", haha. I don't think I can do as good a job of it, but I'm sure it's not hard. I've got a NB/CS set with non-beat black covers, kinda tempting to try, but nah.

Comment

battle worn is the hotness! yeah id prob cut right thru some covers ha

Comment

They look awesome, can't wait for a review...

Comment

Mmmm very nice.

Comment

Those look killer!! Only BKs Ive tried are the Rebel Yells that are in my Burny.. Very cool pups!
                        Hope you feel better AB!
                        Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
                          Those look killer!! Only BKs Ive tried are the Rebel Yells that are in my Burny.. Very cool pups!
                          Hope you feel better AB!
                          Thanks man, I'm feelin like a bag of smashed aszholes. I've never even tried bk's before, and have zero energy to install. Blah

Originally posted by grumptruck
                          After discovering Keith Merrow* and Ola Englund.

I hate you. THAT IS ALL.

\m/

*yeah I know he uses SD but the style of music seems to be more advantageous for Aftermaths.
                          All good, I hate me too haha. Seriously tho, I'm dying to hear the am's. oh, merrow and Englund are dope mf'z! Great sounding reviews always.

Comment

Well between being sick as a dog, having practice tonight, and a show tomorrow night, i brought it to the trusted local tech. I feel like a putz paying for it and not doing it myself, but for 30 bucks it saved me a sh!t-ton of headache (i have zero patience when i'm ill). I'll report back after practice as far as dig or no dig. hows she look mangz?
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_zps12ac89e0.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	5765252

Comment

ha thanks. im dyin to run it thru the stage amp and not my bedroom joint.

Comment

Working...
                              X