banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

humbucker leg length for epiphone les paul?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• humbucker leg length for epiphone les paul?

i am thinking about getting the 59 set for my epi les paul. i think that set comes with long legs. just wondering if i need short legs.

Re: humbucker leg length for epiphone les paul?

I wouldn't think so. Strats need the short legs as the rout is shallow. The Epi is based off the full LP thickness

Comment

Isn't it long bridge, short neck for most archtops?
      "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

the more i think about it, seems like the stock neck pickup has short legs, but i can't remember about the bridge. i guess i could play it safe a get short legs.

Comment

Long legs are vintage correct for the classic Gibson designs. Short legs were introduced for guitars with shallower pickup cavities (PRS etc...).

Either long or short will be fine in a Les Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon_F View Post
            Long legs are vintage correct for the classic Gibson designs. Short legs were introduced for guitars with shallower pickup cavities (PRS etc...).

Either long or short will be fine in a Les Paul.
            turns out, i need short legs both neck and bridge. i picked up a set of 59s and they wont fit.

Comment

Originally posted by tenniso View Post
              turns out, i need short legs both neck and bridge. i picked up a set of 59s and they wont fit.
              That's odd as I had a standard '59 set in an Epi Les Paul and they fit just fine.
              Nope...

Comment

what year was yours? mine is a 2012 custom pro. the cavity isn't that deep and the wires from the switch run directly underneath the left leg and the leg sits right on top of them, forcing the pickup upwards. the stock "probuckers" both have short legs. now i gotta find some 59s with short legs.

Comment

Originally posted by tenniso View Post
                  what year was yours? mine is a 2012 custom pro. the cavity isn't that deep and the wires from the switch run directly underneath the left leg and the leg sits right on top of them, forcing the pickup upwards. the stock "probuckers" both have short legs. now i gotta find some 59s with short legs.
                  Well, that was a 1998 but my 2007 Custom (not Custom Pro) has the same cavities. I wonder why they changed the cavities. I guess that also means the ProBuckers are short leg. Hmmm...
                  Nope...

Comment

I have a bunch of Duncan's, and the only ones that won't fit an average Epi LP slot are the Alnico Staples. Never had a problem with any other.
                    "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
                    "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
                    "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

yep, "Probuckers" have short legs. My guitar was made by Samick in Indonesia. that may explain why it has shallow cavities instead of deeper ones on the Chinese made Epi's. Would 59 trembuckers have short legs? or a Screamin Demon? i hear the demon sounds great in a les paul.

Comment

Screamin' Demon definitely has short legs. I would guess trembuckers do too as they were designed for Strat-style guitars.

Comment

Working...
                        X