banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will I need to cut the jumper-wire on the Stl-1b?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will I need to cut the jumper-wire on the Stl-1b?

Hi everyone,

sorry for the dumb question, but I just bought a STL-1b & Str-1 for my mim fender tele.

Will I need to cut the jumper-wire on the Stl-1b as per install quoted in red below,
    I am replacing both fender pups with the S.Duncans.

thanks in advance for your help!

"1. Cut the small jumper-wire that is soldered to the bottom plate (make sure the connection is broken)
    2. Connect the black wire to the 3-way switch, and connect the white wire to ground."

Re: Will I need to cut the jumper-wire on the Stl-1b?

No. That is only if you are changing the phase of the pup. If you are installing two SD pups you probably will not have to change the phase. But do as the instructions say and install the pups and see if it sounds very thin with both on. If it sounds normal you're good to go. If it sounds thin, then do the reverse phase mod.
    Originally Posted by IanBallard
    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Re: Will I need to cut the jumper-wire on the Stl-1b?

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
      No. That is only if you are changing the phase of the pup. If you are installing two SD pups you probably will not have to change the phase. But do as the instructions say and install the pups and see if it sounds very thin with both on. If it sounds normal you're good to go. If it sounds thin, then do the reverse phase mod.
      thanks guitardoc,
      They sound great no phase problem. very quiet infact, hardly any 60cyc hum, nice change from the orig pups!

Comment

Working...
      X