Clear All

• WHAT PICKUP IS BEST FOR ME?(NECK)

Hello,
    I am using a Fender Pawnshop '72 with:
    NECK: Fender Wide Range humbucker pickup
    BRIDGE: Fender Enforcer humbucker pickup

Amplifier: Traynor YCV40

Distortion Pedal: Sans Amp GT2.

I am looking to replace my neck pickup. I play heavy alternative/grunge, stoner rock, doom. My equipment settings: Guitar: blend-knob almost 1/3 from bridge towards the neck pickup, Amp: most setings about 12 o'clock on the clean channel, pedal: Center/Classic, High Gain, California.

Which Seymour Duncan humbucker in your oppinions would fit best for my style + the equipment i currently own?

I am looking to buy a different amp soon, but I'm wondering if I can get something out of a new pickup.

Thanks in advance!

Re: WHAT PICKUP IS BEST FOR ME?(NECK)

If you want more bottom try an invader if you want a PAF style try a Pearly Gates

Or the Alt 8
    Originally posted by KBliss
    WELCOME TO THE FORUM! Make sure you spend more time playing than you do on this forum. That's our sickness.
    Originally posted by trevorus
    The revolutionaries become the bureaucrats the day after the revolution is over...

Comment

If you're only interested in replacing the neck I would go with a PG or a Demon......The Enforcer is a pretty wicked bridge pup if I remember correctly....

Comment

After a myriad of swaps my Superstrat employs a Screamin Demon A8 and a Gibson classic 57.
        I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

Working...
        X