mystery guitar pickup please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mystery guitar pickup please help!

i have this Seymour Duncan pickup which i am looking at selling on Ebay or something similar. it was on an old battered up secondhand telecaster which i bought and repaired. it didn't have any sticker or paper on the back with a model code so i have no way of identifying it. if anyone could help me i would very much appreciated it i have added images below

Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 007.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	5826829Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 006.jpg
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	5826830Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 008.jpg
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	5826831

Re: mystery guitar pickup please help!

if you have a multimeter, could you get a reading?

pretty much impossible to correctly identify from those pics alone.

also, it looks like someone changed out the 4-conductor or 2-conductor cable for that replacement with the grey insulation.

Comment

unfortunately i don't have one to hand at the moment but i have one at my home. sorry for the bad images. thanks anyway i will look into it

Comment

That looks like something that was pieced together. No duncans that I am aware of have used that style shield or gray plastic cable.

Comment

Given how the wax is visibly disturbed around the screws that attach the baseplate to the coils, I'd say someone was trying to pull a fast one.
          Originally posted by Brown Note
          I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
          My Blog

Comment

Working...
          X