Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson RR5 wiring problem?!?!?

Hello all,

Last year I bought a new (shop display model) Jackson RR5 here in Spain. It is a lovely guitar and I have to say especially the neck, and I do like the sound from the two JB pickups.

However, there is something strange about the guitar that I noticed a while back and thought nothing of it until I took it to my luthier the other day to adjust the truss rod etc. When the selector switch for the pickup is in the bridge position, volume at 0 on the bridge volume, and volume turned up on the neck volume button there is sound getting through to the amplifier. And vice versa when the selector is in the neck position. Consequently we discovered that the guitar at full volume on either of the pickups is giving terrible squealy feedback. Is this normal? Is the guitar wired in such a way that both pickups are working always together, or could it be a selector switch problem?

My luthier said that maybe it has been wired in series, when the norm for these type of humbuckers is to wire in parallel (as per this link from the seymour duncan website http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wi ... h_2v_1t_3w )

Any info you guys can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Working...
X