the new pickups in my semi hollow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the new pickups in my semi hollow

just wanted to post that i love my 59n and 59/custom bridge in my ibanez semi hollow

its an AS73

i really needed some pickups that could play jazz (marshall class 5!!!!!), slight crunch (class 5 with tube screamer), and heavy rock and metal with lots of gain (i play a krankenstein jr 50w for gain)

i keep the guitar in C# standard or drop B. the harmonics and ring are nuts

the 59/custom sounds ****in sick, retains clarity with the tuned down, well, tuning, under crunch and heavy gain.

one of my favorite things about the 59/custom is playing with crunch or high gain and turning the tone knob all the way down. gets a really nice crisp clear stoner rock stoner metal tone. i love it

the 59 can get a little flubby clean with the drop tune when playing on the low E string, but it still sounds really woody.. its not exactly muddy, but its not that really nice clean tone if it was in standard tuning. but not in a negative way. as i re-read that last paragraph, it makes no sense haha, but i dont know how else to say it

the 59 loves clean, crunch, and high gain (for leads). its also super fat.

last thing, putting the pickup switcher in the middle, to get a strat like twang under clean and crunch is money. great for that southern rock crunch and OD. the clean twang on the E,A,D,G sound sooooooo good

anyways thats it. down the road i wana throw in some P-90s, probably Phat Cats.

cheers

-IM
    -IM
Working...
X