Skatterbrane won't be getting any of my pickup business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Skatterbrane won't be getting any of my pickup business

Sometimes I like to pee in the bush... I figure I'd throw in a useless tidbit... A bike accident wouldn't affect if I bought someone's pickups... I mean, Mike Fuller can be FULL (hehe) of himself, but I still like his pedals... What happens in people's private lives doesn't automatically make their buisness suck. Just my 1.5 cent.
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Comment

If he had gone around shooting kids in the face you'd still buy his pickups? Weird.

Comment

Originally posted by jumble jumble View Post
        I shouldn't think it will be much of a trial - the whole thing was filmed. It'll just be a case of whether that footage removes any doubt over whether it was deliberate.
        You are incorrect sir. There is no film of this event. Again, what you read on the internet, including New stories are not 100% accurate.
        http://www.skatterbranepickups.com/

Comment

I wonder if he can make me a pickup that is as crunchy sounding as a pack of cyclists being hit by a car.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLivingDead View Post
            Ah maybe he was drunk... We've all been there.

My thoughts exactly..............

Comment

thanks for posting that lucid. Normal law abiding car drivers don't do stuff like this obviously, but this does reflect the attitude of enough drivers out there to make riding a bike a dicey proposition at times. It is blind hatred pure and simple. The ridiculous thing is that with more bike riders on the road, there would be more room for cars and more free flowing traffic and less gridlocks in cities.
              "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
              Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

a deductive scheme of a formal argument consisting of a major and a minor premise and a conclusion (as in 'every virtue is laudable; kindness is a virtue; therefore kindness is laudable'); a subtle, specious, or crafty argument; deductive reasoning… See the full definition

Sophistic syllogism 1 :

Many drivers attack bikers ;
                Mister X is a driver and has been involved in an accident with bikers;
                Therefore, Mister X has attacked bikers.

Sophistic syllogism 2:
                Many drivers are culprit to attack bikers;
                Mister X is a driver and has been accused by bikers;
                Therefore Mister X is culprit.

Official rule inherited from centuries of experience:
                Any person accused must be considered as innocent until proven guilty.

There’s another kind of people that we could find more than condemnable, BTW :

Mean-spirited passive-aggressive persons who disguise themselves in moral judges, in order to satisfy their need to vilify, to lynch, to hurt other people…

Such persons always need scape-goats,even innocent ones – MOSTLY innocent ones, because innocence is often weak. They are those who will form a mob in order to lynch a lonesome person (and they can drive bicycles too, AFAIK).

On Internet forums, they don’t care if people are innocent or not. They just HAVE to find a sacrificial victim to promote their online ego (artificially justified by commonplaces and syllogisms).

It contributes to the gregarious satisfaction of their online “community”.

But there’s nobody like that in this forum, isn’t it? :-)
                Duncan user since the 80's...

Comment

Skatterbrane won't be getting any of my pickup business

He has admitted shouting aggressively at them. I could believe that he swerved violently because he was annoyed, not meaning to hit them. In that case he would argue he didn't swerve, and they will argue that he deliberately hit them. Both would consider themselves to be telling the truth as they see it. Anyway, it's all speculation. Those who have already decided he's guilty will interpret an innocent verdict as "he got away with it" and those who have decided he's innocent will interpret a guilty verdict as "bikers' vendetta gets an innocent man jailed". Ah well.

Sent from one of my four iPads

Comment

His pickups didn't sound special to me anyway, I had them when they had a send-around of one pair on MLP (we should have that for the Zephyrs, BTW).

I don't recall the details but there was a falling out with him on MLP in the aftermath (not involving me).

Comment

Working...
                    X