banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please tell me what SD signature pickup I have here..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please tell me what SD signature pickup I have here..

Hi everyone, hope someone here can help me. I recently acquired an Epi LP Special guitar which has a Seymour Duncan hot rail type pickup in the bridge position. I'd like to know what model it is.
    It's an all black humbucker with 'Seymour Duncan' written under the bottom rail if facing the guitar standing up.Then in the top left corner is a signature that looks like it could start with the letter 'D' or maybe a 'T'. Anyone know what model this is? I can post a pic but thought someone might know it by the description before I do that. It appears to be a very high gain PU btw, really overdrives my amp. Thanks!

Re: Please tell me what SD signature pickup I have here..

Was the guitar new or used? If new, just look up the specs sheet.

Comment

Are you talking about this?

Hand-crafted electric guitar pickups, acoustic guitar pickups, bass pickups and pedals. Helping musicians find their signature sound since 1976.
      http://www.lonephantom.com
      http://www.seymourduncan.com/blog/author/stephen/

Comment

Thanks for those replies, the guitar was used. But you got it right LonePhantom, mine's exactly the one in link you sent. It's definitely not a PU for the faint of heart, lol. Thanks again.

Comment

I really like the Dimebucker. It's not at all how I thought it was going to sound.

Comment

How did you think the Dimebucker would sound, out of curiosity? I've never had a PU this high gain before. Compared to the factory HB that's in the neck position on the guitar it's shockingly louder and overdriven. Pretty cool sound. I havent had a chance to really try it out but will tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by stringbender11 View Post
              How did you think the Dimebucker would sound, out of curiosity? I've never had a PU this high gain before. Compared to the factory HB that's in the neck position on the guitar it's shockingly louder and overdriven. Pretty cool sound. I havent had a chance to really try it out but will tomorrow.
              For some reason I had this idea that it was going to be like an icepick through my forehead. It's nothing at all like that to me.

Comment

Mine was exactly like an icepick. I thought it was broken, or wired backwards (split forever or parallel instead of series). Rewired it several times, just in case. I sat here with jumpers on the wires trying every combo imaginable. Finally gave up and gave it to a friend wired into a guitar I sold him. He said that from my description, there was probably a bad coil. Once he got it, he said "nope, that's how it sounds".

I shoulda recorded it first.
                Originally posted by Brown Note
                I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
                My Blog

Comment

Working...
                X