Sometimes we tonally obsess over a crappy guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sometimes we tonally obsess over a crappy guitar

Funny, because my $150 basswood starter strat is one of my favorites...

Comment

Hey - price and crap are completely unrelated. Crap is crap, regardless of what you paid. Awesome is awesome, even if it's basswood and bolt-on.
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Crappy Tone is still..................................TONE!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB View Post
          I think..and maybe I am wrong..but I think Ace is saying i fyou have a crappy sounding guitar,.throw in something high output, crank the gain,.and rock out.

Which is definitely the best use for HO pups, and/or junk wood.
          You just explained how EMG has managed to stay in business all these years in 2 short sentences.
          Gear: More junk than I know what to do with

Comment

I generally agree with this statement. If it resonates well, holds tune and intonation, the action is decent, and the frets don't cut your hands, I say it's a solid guitar no matter the price point. I'm actually working on refinishing my sub $150 silvertone revolver, and I'm going to drop in a duncan detonator.

Even if it needs fretwork, most guys setup their guitars after buying them anyway.
            My Blog: thisismyhatnow.blogspot.com

Originally posted by kevlar3000
            The smoker is great at adding a few decades, kinda like having Keith Richards breathe on yer guitar for a few hours...
            Originally posted by CTN
            I will kill you. Then I will resuscitate you, so you can watch me steal your new Tokai and play some horrible sounding ultra-dissonant death metal on it, then I will kill you again.
            FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! DC RESISTANCE DOES NOT DETERMINE ACTUAL OUTPUT OF A PICKUP.

Comment

I can get crappy tone out of even the finest instrument and amplifier, proving once again that crappy tone is in the fingers.
              Originally posted by DreX
              Nearly everyone still in this thread should have me on ignore by now. The fact that they don't says everything.
              The only reason anyone describes me as combative is because I don't agree with them and allow them have the last word. Well... too bad.
              There's no substance to anything I have posted.
              Originally posted by Evan_Skopp
              I'm sure that'll be good for a few "likes" from your buddies.

Comment

Working...
              X