Dimarzio Super 3 in an MIJ Strat....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimarzio Super 3 in an MIJ Strat....

About to go pick up a used Tokai this afternoon and I want to know if I have the right pickup, I have a beat up old super 3 that I was going to use in the bridge....not sure if I'm going to convert to one humbucker or HSS......If I go HSS I'm going to snag a pair of Corgans for the singles....

I play alot of metal and some not so metal stuff too....Anywhere from Carcass/Bolt Thrower to post metal type stuff to Hendrix to the Cure and the Police......

what do you guys think? Pretty sure this bad boy is an alder body with a maple neck.......

Re: Dimarzio Super 3 in an MIJ Strat....

Also I never play in standard tuning....my current amp is an orange dark terror with an old beat up mesa 1x12.....I like delay. overdrive, and the occasional phase.....

Comment

The Super 3 is fat. So fat, I gave it a blower switch bypassing all controls and basically connecting the bridge pickup right on the jack. Now it goes to eleven.

Comment

I don't see why it wouldn't work? However you more than likely want a 500K or 1meg volume for the Super 3 and convert one of the tones to a volume for middle/neck.

Comment

Def will want at least a 500K, but you'll love it.

Comment

Working...
          X