2 conductor guitar lead wire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 conductor guitar lead wire

Anybody know of a good place to purchase some 2 conductor guitar wire with ground wire..AWG 26 ga is preferred but I could make due with AWg 28 I suppose. Thanks.

Re: 2 conductor guitar lead wire

? Electronics shop.
    Irrigation controllers also have the 'wires inside sheath' cable available.

For 2-conductore the braided outer will work just as well, unless its necessary to separate the baseplate ground from the coil wire.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexR View Post
      ? Electronics shop.
      Irrigation controllers also have the 'wires inside sheath' cable available.

For 2-conductore the braided outer will work just as well, unless its necessary to separate the baseplate ground from the coil wire.
      Thanks for the suggestions alexr..I am looking for a plastic wire, the braided won't work as it is not specific to the pickup and I want to keep it as close as possible. I found a few spots that have similar wire but just wanted to see if anybody around here would throw out some spots I may not be aware of and possibly give me more options.

Comment

I think you can get shielded wire at Radio Shack?

Comment

You do know that the braided outer section just carries both grounded wires don't you?? I'm guessing you need to flip phase or something, otherwise it would do exactly the same job (just look different).

Good luck on your search.

Comment

Originally posted by idsnowdog View Post
            I think you can get shielded wire at Radio Shack?
            Never even considered radio shack..Def a good place to check out and I will. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by AlexR View Post
              You do know that the braided outer section just carries both grounded wires don't you?? I'm guessing you need to flip phase or something, otherwise it would do exactly the same job (just look different).

Good luck on your search.
              Yeah Alexr, its the look thing I am trying to keep as close as possible so I am looking for a black plastic lead wire. You have some on ebay but they are the wrong color and ship from hong-kong. I found something similar at mojo tone but I am going to check around a little more. Got a radio shack right near me so that is where I may hit up tomorrow. Thanks though buddy

Comment

Working...
              X