Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• change pot in liberator?

Hello everybody!!

I have a US made San Dimas Charvel that has a 500k liberator (the guitar has only 1 single volume control) installed by me, that I find it very convenient as I swap pickups pretty frequently.

I would like to know if it is possible to replace the pot with another one, as i'm looking to install a 1meg pot (and possibly a solid shaft one to use with the default charvel knob) to use with my newly acquired TA H3+ .

Is it easy to replace it or will ruin the liberator chassis?

Thank you in advance for your answers!!

Re: change pot in liberator?

You can replace the pot if you like. The Liberator has the pot lugs that are for PCB mount. They have the long pin types that go through the holes in the board. You can use any regular pots, and solder wire up to the lugs through the PCB holes. The pot locks to the Liberator by a ground pad at the edge of the pot, which gets soldered to the pot casing an also makes the pot casing ground. You'll need to desolder the old and make sure the new on is soldered. Even if the new pot is the larger, standard size, you can still slip solder underneath there to make that connection, and the pot will just hang off the back end a bit.

Comment

Re: change pot in liberator?

Uh, I got it!! Thank you very much for your answer!!

Comment

Working...
      X