banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What I need to shield when wiring guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What I need to shield when wiring guitar?

I finally got my parts in and am ready to wire this baby up. Which wires need to be shielded? I know input jack but what else? Also what gauge is the best? Thanks.

Re: What I need to shield when wiring guitar?

I use vintage braided wiring for all of my jobs. The control cavities don't even need shielding paint or tape then. Its super quiet every time.

Comment

Thank you for the reply! Do you have a recommended gauge? Also do you think fries or guitar center might have some? Thanks again

Comment

Radio Shack. From what I gather, Fries is more about electronics than components. TVs, DVD players, etc. I could be wrong though, never seen one. I seem to recall someone mentioning they did carry that stuff, though. If GC had it, I'd be impressed.

The tricks to old-fashioned braided wire is cutting the outer braid and inner layers without cutting the core, and not burning the cloth inner lining with the soldering iron, and getting solder to stick to the outer braid. Surviving a 50-foot drop onto concrete is easy, after the first few dozen times.

Start with standard vinyl-covered solid core copper wire, then work your way up to the braided stuff over time.
        Originally posted by Brown Note
        I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
        My Blog

Comment

Awesome hey I really apreciate it. Do you know the difference between the grond wire and the other wires I know the ground is alot harder and hard to bend

Comment

It doesn't matter. There is no special type of wire used for ground wire. You can use the same wire to do a whole wiring job. I just use different colour wires so I can tell them apart
            our first drummer died in a bizzare gardening accident!

I won't dance in a club like this,
            'Cause all the girls are sluts,
            And the beer tastes just like piss.

Comment

Perfect thank you for your time.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                X