Ibanez s540FM bridge pickup suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez s540FM bridge pickup suggestions

I know I've asked this before about 6mths ago but...

I've got an s540FM with a very thin mahogany body and maple top and a Lo Pro Floyd Trem. Bridge pickup suffers from severe thin-ness. I replaced the stock QM bridge with a DMZ Evo... result = still thin!!!

Thinking of getting a Breed (bridge) to match the Breed in the neck. (I'm very happy with the breed in the neck - no thin ness there)

Do you guys think that the breed (bridge) will put the balls and low end back into this guitar? Alternatively, what other pickup suggestions do you think will suit the guitar?

Re: Ibanez s540FM bridge pickup suggestions

i have a 540S (playin' it in my av pic, and in my profile pic) ... note: my trem is different than yours ...

i know nothing about the DMZ line, so maybe someone else can answer that directly

as for SD pups, i put a C5 in the bridge of mine and am very happy with it ... i bet a '59b would also do a fantastic job in that axe

good luck
    t4d
    gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Re: Ibanez s540FM bridge pickup suggestions

bump-0-rama

Comment

Working...
      X