Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would like guidance for first wiring job

hey everyone,
    i am doing my first wiring job on an old strat but am not 100% on how to follow the schematics. this is the wiring plan that i will be using: http://www.seymourduncan.com/website...1hum_1vol.html. my main concern are how to do the grounds. with my understanding of the schematic, i'm planning on soldering the black, red and white wires as depicted (those are the easy ones), (now here's where i'm not 100% sure) soldering the green wire to the ground located on the piece of metal in the spring cavity, the ground wire from the volume pot to the volume pot itself and the ground wire from the output jack to the volume pot as well. will this work? any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks a lot.

-windsen

Re: Would like guidance for first wiring job

Everything is right except the green wire from the pup going to the spring cavity. The green wire and bare wire from the pup, along with all the other ground wires in the guitar, go to the back of the volume pot. The bridge is grounded with its own wire which comes from the spring cavity, goes to the volume pot, and is not attached to the pickup.

Comment

Re: Would like guidance for first wiring job

Any ground point is fine, as it all runs back to the sleeve of the output jack ... the bridge and pickup grounds are connected to each other as they share common ground in the standard wiring. So, really it's a matter of where is most convient.
      ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
      ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
      Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

Working...
      X