Bridge humbucker suggestions??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bridge humbucker suggestions??

Hi to all! I would like to hear what pickup you guys would suggest in a Jackson Pro Series DK-2's bridge position (S-S-H,24-fret, Floyd Rose, alder body), at the moment it carries stock Duncan Designs, the HB102B is at the bridge, and i really dislike it! No articulation at all, no bite as well... It has to go!! My main styles are shred and rock(all sorts), and i need good output combined with defenition and bite (good harmonics as well). I have to be a little carefull about not getting to much output as well, because it needs to be a little in balance with the single coils on it. I am thinking o replacing the single coils as well with SSL5's Duncan Custom Flats. But what model do you people think suits me best at the bridge??
    Thanks in advance for any replies!!
    "You can buy muscles (steroïds), but you can't buy "cojones". (quoted: Bas Rutten)

Re: Bridge humbucker suggestions??

Sounds to me like you're describing the Distortion - definition, bite and harmonics are its forte. It probably would overpower the single coils, though. You could adjust the heights of the singles and humbucker to remedy some of this. You could try the JB or Custom also, a lot of people really like those as well.
    Everything in this post is the sole opinion of the author. The author makes no claims that his word is final, only that the opinions expressed are those of the author and any similiarities to the opinions of others is purely coincidental.

Comment

Re: Bridge humbucker suggestions??

you will SHOT IN THE DARK one recomendation fro the bridge...
      Maybe you will be satisfied with a Custom Custom bridge trembucker.
      it has awesome mids and highs, creamy and crunchy Sound.
      and the bass is balanced. not too much, BASS 3
      but i like it anyway.
      the other recommendation is not a SHOT IN THE DARK, eheheheh
      you should try a Duncan Custom .
      Hails
      J.P
      Ibanez RG7420-Evo 7-Liquifire 7
      Ibanez RG7420-Blaze Custom 7-Air Norton 7
      Ibanez RG550-Nailbomb-Nailbomb
      Jackson DXMG-Juggernaut - Juggernaut
      Ibanez RGT6EX-81-60A
      Ibanez RGT42DX-BlackHawk - BlackHawk
      Fender Am Std-Holy Diver-Emerald

Charvel Fusion DLX-81-SA
      Ibanez SR505 MIK Bass.

Fender EVH 5510 III 50w Head + Custom 2X12 Cabinet W/ WGS Liberator Speakers.

Comment

Working...
      X