What Strat Pickup Would You use....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Strat Pickup Would You use....

I just bought another Telecaster. It's a Highway 1 in Honey Blonde with a maple fretboard. I am looking to make this one my "numero uno".

I have a Duncan Vintage Stack that's going in the bridge, a Gibson minihumbucker (Epiphone style) that's going in the neck. I have a Duncan "Great White Snark" Strat pickup. I think it's a Duncan Performer pickup. I bought it because I needed a really inexpensive Strat pickup to install in the middle position of one of my Telecasters.

In making this Tele my #1, I don't want to skimp on the pickups, so I'm trying to find the best "Duncan fit" for the middle position of my Tele. I'm also installing a selector switch that will allow me to run the neck and bridge pickups together, in parallel in the 3rd. position instead of using the middle pickup alone. BTW, Here are some I'm thinking about.

1. STK-S1 Classic Stack®
    2. SSL-1 Vintage Staggered
    3. APS-1 Alnico II Pro™ Staggered

Thanks guys!
    Last edited by BS123; 01-10-2005, 08:48 AM. Reason: More Info....
    -Butch Snyder
    butchsnyder.com

Never cut your nose off to spite your face. It never grows back...

Re: What Strat Pickup Would You use....

Hey Butch in dealing with strat pups lately I've become a big fan of the flat polepieces (particularly on the A2P, very nice strat pups). It it gives a truer sound to my ears and you can get the bass side up high enough with out the 3rd and 4th magnets touching the strings.

Luke
    “That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

Comment

Originally posted by Luke Duke
      Hey Butch in dealing with strat pups lately I've become a big fan of the flat polepieces (particularly on the A2P, very nice strat pups). It it gives a truer sound to my ears and you can get the bass side up high enough with out the 3rd and 4th magnets touching the strings.

Luke
      When I had my Music Man Albert Lee guitar, it had a set of APS-2's. I lobed them. My Tele will have a 9.5" radius. I consider that a modern radius that would work well with flat poles; expecially in the middle positon. Thanks...
      -Butch Snyder
      butchsnyder.com

Comment

I have the pickups from an older Albert Lee sig in my strat and I love them. That might be an option. Seeing as how you're using low noise pickups in the other two slots, I would just go with the Classic Stack. It's still low output and has alnico II mags, so it should blend well with the other two pickups in yout Tele.
        Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Wow . . . everyone's getting new Tele's around here.

Sounds like a nice axe Butch. Hopefully, pics will be forthcoming.

Comment

since you have a silent tele so far i would keep it that way and use the classic stack. plus i heard a strat the other day that had a killer tone with a full set of classic stacks. I had never really liked the tone of stacked singles til then
            Cleveland Guitars

Comment

Classic Stack it is. Thanks for the support guys.

And pics will come ASAP...But, until then, this will have to do. It's a Kisekae design.
              Last edited by BS123; 01-11-2005, 07:16 AM. Reason: Included Pic....
              -Butch Snyder
              butchsnyder.com

Comment

Working...
              X