Distortion vs EMG Passives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distortion vs EMG Passives

OK, for Duncan I've chosen the Distortion. But I'm also interested in EMG passives. On their website they say that the H4 is a passive EMG-81. How does that compare to the Distortion? (By the way this is a continuation from the Distortions vs Invader thread from the 9th) But I've chosen the Distortion though. The EMG H4 seems to be impressive according to their website. I've noticed that in a lot of guitars they have the EMG H4. They must be pretty good for the guitar companies to use them on their guitars.
    :saeek: Today is yesterday's tomorrow. :saeek:

Re: Distortion vs EMG Passives

unless you want to go active( in such case you should absolutely consider emg's) i'd say you should stick with passive duncans.

Comment

Absolutely go with the Duncans!!! I had EMG HZ 4 and their horrible!!!! No way near as good as their actives like their website says! And no way as good as any Seymour Duncan!

Comment

He Lagotto,

I agree with the other guys!
        If you go EMG, go active.

I've bought an Epi LP Zakk Wylde with HZ-4 and HZ-4A in it.
        I just replaced them for a JB/59 set, which I get saturday (can't wait).

The passive EMG's aren't that aweful as everybody says, but they aren't top of the bill either.
        I'm sure the EMG website is lyrical about them.
        I think a lot of guitars have the passives (ESP, Jackson, Epi) because they aren't as bad as the 'regular' stock pickups and they look really nice and the name EMG appeals to a lot of guys.

But my advice: don't invest in those passive H4's.
        Unless you want to buy mine...
        Rock on!

Bluesrock form the Netherlands!

Comment

Originally posted by Lagotto
          On their website they say that the H4 is a passive EMG-81.
          They may be eq'd identically, but without the battery, it's not the same.

Originally posted by Lagotto
          They must be pretty good for the guitar companies to use them on their guitars.
          Keep in mind the reason why folks like Seymour stay in business. Most companies put sh*tty pickups in their guitars.
          “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

don't get emg passives. ive played them on some guitars that have them stock, and was not impressed. they dont have the power of an emg 81
            "Your momma's whack, your granny's wack, I keep a handy wipe in my fanny pack" -Ill mitch

Comment

Working...
            X