Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Duncan Distortion questions.. bunch of em

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
    If it's too edgy sounding, an A8 helps a little. An A2 helps a lot. Love my DD with A2!!
    Regular A2 fit? I thought the DD had a larger mag..?? Maybe Im thinking of the Dim Super D?
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

how does it sound in parallel?
      Originally posted by GuitarDoc
      Don't take yourselves, or anything for that matter, too seriously. We're born, we live, then we die. All of us. Just the same.

Comment

Let's tackle this one at a time!

First, would it work better in an LP or in a Charvel?
        The awesome in a Les Paul is not even describable. As for the Charvel, can't say, but I agree with the "more scream" I assume a Floyd there. The DD is a pup with it's own personality regardless of location.

Has anyone ever compared one with a Suhr Aldrich pup? If so, how does it differ?
        Nope, don't care.

In an Lp, what would be a good neck pup to run with it? would an AII pro work? Or would the DD really over power it?
        Always a loaded question. Obvious answer: Distortion Neck model. Unobvious answer - whatever you want in the neck. I personally never get the output fears guys have. The neck position is so much louder anyway it doesn't matter IMO. A PAF style will do just fine. 59/PG/A2P/Jazz whatever. Get a good sounding neck pup for the guitar. I always see a too powerful neck pup as more of a problem than matching to a high output.

Does the DD split well? Clean up at all? (cant remember)
        Never did it, but IMO all high outputs - JB, DD, Custom, etc...split better than low outputs.
        Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Yeah,man,try a Dist nk model,I think you'll like it a lot!

edit:
          Didn't a Dist pair come in your Edwards "Sykes"?
          "Scalloped & Stickered"
          A Colled One & A Rold One!!!

RIP My Beloved Sleepy Flower

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...t-67-Of-Myself

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
            Regular A2 fit? I thought the DD had a larger mag..?? Maybe Im thinking of the Dim Super D?
            The DD comes with a double thick ceramic mag. No problem replacing it with a regular sized A2.
            Originally Posted by IanBallard
            Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Slight twist on he topic. I Assume from all the feedback that it would probably rip in an explorer too?? Was playing the explorer today and although I LOVE the organic sound of the Custom 8 in it, it has alot of bottom end and I was kinda wishing for alittle more attitude..
              Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Yes, DD will certainly rip in Explorer. Or V, or whatever...

Comment

Originally posted by King IzzO))) View Post
                  It's a twangy bastard split, in a good way. It will sound great in either, but DD + LP is big fat titties.
                  The Duncan Distortion is abbreviated to Double-D anyways. Secret SD marketing...

Comment

The more I play this LP, the more Im liking the Burstbucker pros, so Im thinking I may have to put the DD in the explorer. Plus the feeling I got from the Explorer too as noted above..

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Liking the BB Pros? I suppose someone has to. Good on ya them! Just remember, though, when you find you can't put down the Explorer...you know why.

Comment

Hi I'm new. My Duncan Distortion replaced a Screaming Demon in my Ibanez RG (basswood? with bolt-on maple neck, rw fretboard). It is paired with an A2P. The guitar is more of a mean chuggah djenting rhythm beast now but can't sing as well as my Screaming Demon for soloing, not that I am Yngwie or George Lynch... However the pair up with the A2P is really nice with some character like a position 2/4 combo on a Strat. The SD and A2P didn't seem to get along together. Also the Distortion split is also good but not memorable. I haven't played this Ibanez in a while to remember though.
                        Crash49 - my music on amazon and itunes
                        http://a.co/8ht5Qes

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                          Liking the BB Pros? I suppose someone has to. Good on ya them! Just remember, though, when you find you can't put down the Explorer...you know why.
                          LOL! I hated them at first because I was playing at low volume, but when cranked up, they sound pretty good. I'm sure Id prolly like a distortion better.. This axe just has a modular kinda system, so Im dreading having to rewire the whole thing.

Progbusters,
                          It could be that it just isnt a match for your taste, but Id experiment with the height as it should rip and def get you into Lynch territory. what pots you using? amp??

Jol Dantzig

Comment

This thread randomly popped into my head as I was perusing guitars on ebay- didn't you at one time have an Edwards Sykes LP? Those came with dual distortions.
                            Originally posted by Aceman
                            It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by ex-250 View Post
                              This thread randomly popped into my head as I was perusing guitars on ebay- didn't you at one time have an Edwards Sykes LP? Those came with dual distortions.
                              yeah, I did. I think I ran a diff set in it most of the time I had it IIRC. A) didnt have it that long (sadly) and B) was a few years ago and my memory is about 10 min long. plus at that time in my life, I was blowing thru guitars like underwear.. I remember the Gus G LTD I had ripped tho..

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
                                Progbusters,
                                It could be that it just isnt a match for your taste, but Id experiment with the height as it should rip and def get you into Lynch territory. what pots you using? amp??
                                Thanks. I will try it soon. I don't know the pots. Got the guitar already modiified back in 1996. My amp is an Orange Jim Root.
                                Crash49 - my music on amazon and itunes
                                http://a.co/8ht5Qes

Comment

Working...
                                X