PATB1 in a Gibson Classic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PATB1 in a Gibson Classic?

I currently have a C5 in my Gibson 1994 classic and while I like it the most so far it seems a little thinin the mids. I just got a PATB1 and have it in an ibanez RG560. It sounds really mean and I like it alot other than the spikey high mid thing. I wonder if it would work in a Les Paul or if it would be too boomy or spikey? Has anyone tried this? Observations?
    My bands links:

PEDL
    www.myspace.com/pedlmusic

TREBLE BLEED
    www.myspace.com/treblebleed

KLINK
    www.myspace.com/klinkdetroit

Re: PATB1 in a Gibson Classic?

Anyone tried this?
    My bands links:

PEDL

TREBLE BLEED

KLINK

Comment

Re: PATB1 in a Gibson Classic?

I replaced the C5 with a PATB1 in my 1994 Goldtop. I love the mids and lows but the high mid spike thing like the JB is there. I can dial most of it out but it accentuates the Mesa Rectifiers bansaw frequency/ ARRRRRGH. I just want a pickup that works with my rig so I can be done with the craziness of posting on this site everyday. I love this site but come on, my bandmates think I am nuts for going to the extremes for "THE TONE". I think I can deal with the PATB1 for a while and I love it in my Ibanez. For some reason it doesnt have that High mid spike in the Ibanez as much.

Does anyone know what the PATB1 is close to in tone but without this high mid (JB) spike?
      I would like the same pickup or similar but with a nickel cover in trembucker form.
      Any thoughts?
      My bands links:

PEDL

TREBLE BLEED

KLINK

Comment

Working...
      X