Lollar Pickups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lollar Pickups?

Anyone have experience with Lollar pickups?
    At Lollar Pickups, we're obsessed with tone. Quality handmade pickups since 1995.

The Regal Humbucker has a nice sound to it.
    They have pickups for most styles of guitars and yesterday a another guitarist turned me on to their website and believes Lollar is as good as any.
    Have you guys heard these on guitars first hand?
    Thank you!

Re: Lollar Pickups?

I don't have experience with their humbuckers or singles but I do have a custom wound tapped P90 from them in my SG Jr. When I was looking for a pickup for it, I looked around at a few places and Jason was able to wind one for me that nailed what I was looking for. I'm quite happy with it.

Comment

Thanks, it sounds like they do lots of custom work. A slightly different sound for their strat pickups than SD although for my next guitar I think I will stick with the SSl1's (maybe 2's?) but really consider the Regal humbucker as my bridge pickup. I don't know enough of about pickups so my guitar tech will give some advice although someone did say going "flat" on the SSL1 gets me an SSL2 and that has a little more punch on the bass? If so maybe I can use an SSL2 as my bridge pickup.

Comment

I bought a Charlie Christian, witch I dropped on my Tele , and Love that PuP !!!
        also I owned a P-90 , that I tryed to swap magnets, and I end up screwing the Pup, I sent it back for repairs, and they just
        call me back, telling me , that they were sending a new one as a replacement..... Their Custom services is great, my next Lollars
        will be a set of Imperials !!!

Comment

I've tried several Lollars...Strat and Tele pickups as well as P-90's and Humbuckers and I have not yet been rally impressed with a Lollar pickup.

Not bad really but not amazing, at least to me...and certainly not worth what they cost IMHO.
          If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

I have a pair of Imperials. I use them with pure nickel strings for a very soft, singing tone.

Comment

Originally posted by uOpt View Post
              I have a pair of Imperials. I use them with pure nickel strings for a very soft, singing tone.
              I am wondering if the recording of all these samples from Lollar might be the reason some sound more present and clear than other pickups, or are they actually pretty good. So far the Regal modified humbucker is my favorite although I do not know if it will take too much more to install because it's supposed to be shaped differently........i think a tiny bit larger than a normal humbucker. Thanks again!

Comment

His p-90's sound exactly like my early 60's p-90's.
                nobody loves me but my mama... and she could be jivin' too.

Comment

I owned a Heritage Les Paul Jr. type guitar with two Lollar P-90 pups in it. Came from Heritage that way, I bought it new. They sounded really great. Everything you would expect in a really good P-90, including the noise...lol

Comment

I have a Lollar '51 style P-Bass pickup in my '51 Reissue P-Bass. I love it and would recommend it to anyone looking for that pickup. I have a thing for pre '57 style P-Basses and the Lollar pickup so far is my favorite version of it. I have not tried their guitar pickups but when I finally get my PRS EG hardtail, I will give their strat pickups a try. Plus they are a local company for me so I get to support a local business just like I get to do with TV Jones pickups.

Good luck on finding the sound you are looking for.

Comment

i put a lollar overwound p90 into my les paul junior and it really made it sound great. i like it a lot more than the stock gibson p90
                      Quality riffs in about a minute...
                      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2B...Y3EewvQ/videos

Comment

Working...
                      X