Video idea: Custom Family demo...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video idea: Custom Family demo...

I was studying Keith Merrow's high gain shootout demo vid the other day, and I had an idea: Could we somehow get the same thing for the Custom family?

You know, line up the SH5, SH11, SH14, and SH16, get them with the same player, guitar, amp, licks, and everything and do a comparison demo of that? I think it would be helpful to a lot of people.

Keith's already got the Hybrid and the original Custom in there, I just find myself wanting to hear what the CC and the C5 sound like in the same context (not necessarily metal - you know, just a high quality demo).

Whaddya say?

Re: Video idea: Custom Family demo...

Seconded. I would love to hear a demo of the whole family. I'd also love to hear a C8 with that, but I know that's not (currently ) a production model.
    MEMBER OF THE SACRED ORDER OF THE STONECUTTERS

Comment

Originally posted by ExplorersRock View Post
      Seconded. I would love to hear a demo of the whole family. I'd also love to hear a C8 with that, but I know that's not (currently ) a production model.
      I thought you could order it as a shop floor custom?

Comment

It would be a good idea, but the demo would have to have clean, mild dirt parts so as best to gauge their tones.

The quality of the ones by these metal dudes has been good, but ultra high gain tends to swamp the timbre quality of pups, and not everyone plays br00talz, some may be interested in pups like the Sentient or Nazgûl in other situations.
        Originally posted by dominus
        Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

A member here did a audio demo of the custom family series except of the sh16, here's the link to it https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...ite&highlight=
          Check it out if you haven't already it was quite fun to listen to listen through.

Comment

Originally posted by Hank- View Post
            A member here did a audio demo of the custom family series except of the sh16, here's the link to it https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...ite&highlight=
            Check it out if you haven't already it was quite fun to listen to listen through.
            Thanks, I haven't seen this before! I'll check it out now!

Comment

Working...
            X