banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A2 for 59 neck but what for the bridge 59 in a Mag Swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A2 for 59 neck but what for the bridge 59 in a Mag Swap?

Originally posted by blueman335 View Post
    Well, how many posts have we had over the years about boomy '59N's in LP's? I don't know how that could come as a surprise to anyone. Since the OP has a strong preference for warm A2 PAF's, the smart money's on him finding a stock '59B bright and thin. And since he's tried '59's in several LP's before, he has a pretty good idea of what to expect. The guy has experience with the guitars, PU's, and magnets; do you really have to get yourself worked up over this?
    Yeah, isn't the attraction to doing mag swaps that they're not a "hard decision" and only take a screw driver/maybe hair dryer and $6 per set? No reason to get worked up about it.

I can understand advising people to experiment with guitars the way they come, it's how we learn tone. It's generally good advice, but as you recognized... I know guitars enough to hazard a guess at what it would sound like. Though, am new to mag swaps which is why I came asking for mag swap tone advice and thank you for your advice

On a side note:

I noticed there weren't too many clips of the 59 with different mags. Since I just got an AxeFx2, I'll see if I can make some reference clips for the forum

Comment

Working...
    X