Neck pickup spacing..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neck pickup spacing..

For guitars with an Original Floyd Rose.. I know the bridge pickup needs to be "F Spaced" or a Trembucker spaced.. but how about the other pickups (middle or neck pickups.. single coil and/or humbuckers). Is the distance from the OFR to the neck enough to render spacing issues moot? Or do you need to stick Trembuckers in each position for proper alignment? It's been YEARS since I bought a neck pickiup and can't remembere for the life of me. LOL!!

Thanks

Re: Neck pickup spacing..

Hi Pete,

It doesn't matter for the neck or middle. You should use a regular spaced humbucker there.

Comment

Actually if your guitars nut is 43mm or 1 11/16 inches wide the neck pickup should also be F-Spaced. You might notice that the strings don't really line up with the pole pieces but apart from that it doesn't matter that much. If you have a floyd equipped guitar and you're not sure what your spacing is its safer to go for F-spacing for the neck pickup too.
      “Dude, sucking at something is the first step towards being sorta good at something.” - Jake the Dog

Comment

Originally posted by Hairmail View Post
        Actually if your guitars nut is 43mm or 1 11/16 inches wide the neck pickup should also be F-Spaced. You might notice that the strings don't really line up with the pole pieces but apart from that it doesn't matter that much. If you have a floyd equipped guitar and you're not sure what your spacing is its safer to go for F-spacing for the neck pickup too.
        Actually, that's incorrect. 1-11/16 at the nut is still narrow enough that you should used a regular spaced humbucker in the neck. I mean, you CAN use an F-spaced humbucker in the neck regardless with zero problems but you don't have to and sometimes neck models are harder to get F-spaced.
        Nope...

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff5 View Post
          Hi Pete,

It doesn't matter for the neck or middle. You should use a regular spaced humbucker there.
          +1, I have used SH-2n and size was just fine for my Strat with a Floyd Rose, I recently dropped a SSL-1 middle and STK-S10n, those have no size option and spacing is ok.
          Who took my guitar?

Comment

Working...
          X