Duncan makes a ACTIVE pup? Ok boys fill me in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duncan makes a ACTIVE pup? Ok boys fill me in

LWHMET........Has anyone here in this forum used this pup? By the description it sounds like the sound I want...MIDRANGE! NO SCOOP sound bull****...anyways has anybody used these?

Re: Duncan makes a ACTIVE pup? Ok boys fill me in

I've never used one, but don't ever think you'll get any kind of clean sound from one. They feedback even on a clean setting...lol. If you want midrange (in a passive pickup) you might want to check out the custom custom.

Comment

If you want midrange & mud, go with the LW-Hmet. If you want good mids and a great sounding pickup, go with the Custom or JB.
      “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

While the Duncan Live Wires are good (although I love passives, I prefer the Live Wires over EMG's), the Heavy Metal is just impractical. There's so much output it's only usable if you don't have a clean tone. It's not like the Distortion, that just sounds bad clean; the Heavy Metal has no clean. It's all pure insane output. If that's what you want, it's great. It's also a bit muddy, but it's not too too bad.
        '04 Schecter C-1 Plus (TB-4 JB/SH-2n Jazz)

Comment

I have an 18 volt active Seymour Duncan Livewire HOT (single coil) in my Alder body MIM Fender Strat with a Maple Fretboard. It has A LOT of output, and that's why I bought it. It doesn't feedback, on clean or distortion, unless I turn on the distrtion and face the pick-up right at my 100 watt amp.
          The pick-up cleans up nicely and I use it for clean, distorted, and HEAVILY distorted tones.
          Rock On
          ISO - Fender Highway One Stratocaster - black
          2004 Chevy Silveraro - 6.6 Liter Duramax Turbo Diesel
          Pickup Booster - Lava Box - Tweak Fuzz - Vapor Trail

Comment

Originally posted by Kac
            The pick-up cleans up nicely and I use it for clean, distorted, and HEAVILY distorted tones.
            Have you ever noticed how many people seem to forget active pickups also have volume pots that are capable of reducing the output?

|| Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Originally posted by screamingdaisy
              Have you ever noticed how many people seem to forget active pickups also have volume pots that are capable of reducing the output?
              yup
              ISO - Fender Highway One Stratocaster - black
              2004 Chevy Silveraro - 6.6 Liter Duramax Turbo Diesel
              Pickup Booster - Lava Box - Tweak Fuzz - Vapor Trail

Comment

I like to be able to have a good clean sound on a whim....Sounds like a custom/custom Bridge and Pearly gates in the neck would be good. Thanks for the help. Still my mind is bent on getting new pups for my Paul. I just want a little more from my stock pups....although I know it's the player and the gear that makes a difference...pups won't make you sound over the top! Though I don't want that NU metal scooped sound. I like early thrash metal and 80 rock that has that midrange! Though my 498T Is good Can the custom custom give me what I wan't? Is it a hotter pickup than the 498?

Comment

Im laughing at my post because im 3 sheets to the wind! And my grammar is way f.d up. LOL

Comment

So, what do these cost in a HB version, Ive wanted that tone since I first heard the "tone chart cd" at Git Center, but no one has EVER had them in stock locally.

Comment

Working...
                    X