Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Di'Marzio Pro Track

Hi,

As far as twin rail Strat pickups go, would you say that the DMZ Pro Track gets the closest to a classic low-to-low/medium-output humbucker sound? Or do Duncan or anyone else have a better twin rail option for achieving that sound?

Obviously scale length and many other things will keep a Strat from sounding like a Gibson. That's not what I want. I just want small rail humbuckers in a Strat that sound really close to big humbuckers in a Strat.

I'm looking at rail pickups only for this guitar, so Little '59's, etc. are out. I am trying to stay very close to the stock appearance of the guitar's factory rail pickups. Besides, I've used Little '59's, and while I like them, they aren't exactly the tone I am after here.
    Originally posted by LesStrat
    Yogi Berra was correct.
    Originally posted by JOLLY
    I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Re: Di'Marzio Pro Track

Originally posted by ItsaBass View Post
    Hi,

AI just want small rail humbuckers in a Strat that sound really close to big humbuckers in a Strat.

Ahh, but thats the eternal quest. Been there done that, and trust me, there ain't no single coil rail that gets remotely close to a good bridge humbucker, not in tone I mean, but in volume. In the neck slot, its somewhat closer.
    Last edited by MetalManiac; 04-29-2013, 03:46 AM.
    "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Re: Di'Marzio Pro Track

Originally posted by MetalManiac View Post
      Ahh, but thats the eternal quest. Been there done that, and trust me, there ain't no single coil rail that gets remotely close to a good bridge humbucker, not in tone I mean, but in volume. In the neck slot, its somewhat closer.
      i beg to differ. My Aria strat's Dimarzio Fast Track 2 in the bridge sweeps the floor under my ibby arz800 EMG 81, if that says something. Unfortunately i have no experience with Duncan rails, but as far as dimarzio are concerned, any rail pup rated at 300mv and higher will probably sound as loud as your common high output humbucker.
      On top of that i have also added push-pull switching for coil-splitting, + added tone circuitry for the bridge pup, and now i have one very versatile strat (fast track 1 : neck, original Aria middle, fast track 2 : bridge). Fast track 2 can deliver any modern metal sound :

Listen to Nunu4 by greekdude888 #np on #SoundCloud

Comment

Working...
      X