Pups for my Tele??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pups for my Tele??????

I'll keep them in mind....SD put this out earlier...http://www.seymourduncan.com/blog/th...ickup-options/

It gave me an idea
    My guitars:
    Fender Standard Telecaster---Fender Standard Stratocaster---Fender American Standard Stratocaster---Schecter Raiden Special 4---Schecter Blackjack ATX C-8
    Schecter Demon 7 FR Prototype---Schecter Avenger Devil Prototype---Schecter Damien Elite 6 FR---Schecter Solo 6 Hellraiser---Schecter Synyster Gates Custom Schecter C-1 Exotic
    Schecter C-1 XXX---Schecter C-1 Classic---Ovation Celebrity 0057---Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 SE

Comment

It would be helpful to know what amp you are using and what type of music you play?

that said is I really like a Tele equipped with a vintage 54 in the ne k and a Jerry Donahue in the bridge. the JD is one of my all time favorite Tele bridge pickup. The 60 hz hum is kind ofa give with single coils but if it really bothers you you could swap out the neck pickup with a humbucker. I really like the SD Firebird minimum in the neck paired with the JD. is an awesome combination. The 60hz hum can be cancelled in the middle position. I would also recommend replacing the pots, switch and jack. CTS makes some really great stuff and its not that costly.
      "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
      "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

I want to play Classic Rock, Blues and maybe learn some Country. I play through a Digitech RP1000 and a Fender Frontman 212R but I will be getting a tube amp when I get back to the States at the end of the month. I'm looking at getting a Fender Twin Reverb or Hot Rod Deluxe III. My normal playing style is Rock/Metal but I wanted the Tele for other obvious reasons.
        My guitars:
        Fender Standard Telecaster---Fender Standard Stratocaster---Fender American Standard Stratocaster---Schecter Raiden Special 4---Schecter Blackjack ATX C-8
        Schecter Demon 7 FR Prototype---Schecter Avenger Devil Prototype---Schecter Damien Elite 6 FR---Schecter Solo 6 Hellraiser---Schecter Synyster Gates Custom Schecter C-1 Exotic
        Schecter C-1 XXX---Schecter C-1 Classic---Ovation Celebrity 0057---Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 SE

Comment

Originally posted by Justin M View Post
          Hey guys! I'm new to this forum and I have been playing guitar for about 20 years now. I'm a huge fan of SD pups and I have a few guitars installed with them (all of them are humbuckers). So I bought a MIM Tele a few months ago to mix it up a bit. I'm not sure what pups from SD I want to put in it. I want that Tele twang but I want to still be able to play rock on it. I also want to get rid of the annoying 60 cycle hum. Any ideas? I will be getting back to the States after being stationed overseas for over 4 years and this will be a great project for me to hod rod my Tele. Thanks for any help you guys can give me. I've posted a pic of the Tele with 2 Strats. I will be hotrodding that MIM Start (the Black one) as well. I'll ask for input for that as well later.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41579[/ATTACH]
          i would recommend the jerry donahue pups if you wanna stay with SD. Robert Quinne loved those pickups, and he played similar stuff to what you're describing. outside of SD, checkout out Don Mare's offerings!

Comment

Working...
          X