Packaging question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Packaging question

I have seen SD pickups some in the clear cases.. but some have a "green" insert and others with the "pink" insert. My local GC has all pink (I'm just talking humbuckers here). I was wondering do the colors of the package matter. Are the green ones the TREM spaced versions and the pink the non-trem (i.e. SH-XX)? Any other differences?

Also, do the trembuckers already come with the mounting rings?

Thanks

Re: Packaging question

Yeah, green cards are trembuckers, and pink are standard spaced. And yes, Brand new trembuckers do have mounting rings included

Comment

LOL!! Ok so my local GC doesn't have a single trembucker in stock.. never have. LOL!!! Thanks for the reply!

Comment

np. there's no reason they shouldn't be able to order in what you need, fwiw.

Comment

True.. but them ordering usually means like a week or more to get it in.. Ugh!

Comment

They did the same thing back when I worked for them in '01-'02. Never understood it because everybody that wanted a new pickup had a Floyd Rose or a Strat trem and needed a Trembucker. Almost every pickup I sold was a special order. I actually got yelled at to sell what we had, once, but I told them that we never stocked what the customer wanted and we still made money on the order.

However, it's the usual problem of Guitar Center buyers not having a clue as to what the general customer actually wants. It's why I'm completely, utterly bored with the guitar selection when I go in there. They have seven of the same black MIM Strat, none of the more interesting colors, and then 75 $3000+ Les Pauls that will never sell.
            Last edited by GilmourD; 05-02-2013, 06:32 PM.
            Nope...

Comment

Working...
            X