Neck pickup for Yamaha Pacifica 112J

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neck pickup for Yamaha Pacifica 112J

Hi there! I'm currently looking for a neck and middle pickups for my Pacifica. It's Alder body, maple neck and rosewood fingerboard with a HSS configuration. Currently i have an Invader in the bridge, luv it to every bits except that when i do soloing, it somehow lost in the mix, can't hear it clearly. I'm looking for a full sized humbucker for neck coz most likely i'll cut the pickguard to fit the humbucker and a single sized humbucker for the middle position. i'm playing rock, metal, punk, a bit of blues, led zep, megadeth, GNR, metallica, iron maiden, ac/dc, a bit of vai and satch and the more modern stuff.
    Currently i'm using a Marshall MG30DFX and sumtimes goin thru the MT2 depends on wat kind of music i play. I'm looking for a neck pickup for soloing under high gain, prefereably warmer and more clarity and with a great clean sound too.
    So anyone out there can give me any suggestion either dimarzio or SD.

Re: Neck pickup for Yamaha Pacifica 112J

I won't make a specific pup recommendation, 'cause I think there are others on this board more qualified to do so, but I will say - it seems to me that it would be a bit of a shame to cut your pickguard when there are so many SD singles, and single-sized 'buckers to choose from.

A nice tapped Qp, or maybe Hotrails would seem to accomplish what you want. (Ooops . . . made a recommendation.)

Comment

any suggestion for the middle pickup?
      well i plan to cut my pickguard coz i'm considering dimarzio humbucker too.

Comment

A pair of Cool Rails in the neck and middle will do what you'r asking.
        Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Working...
        X