SD vs. DMZ vs. Lawrence vs. Barden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SD vs. DMZ vs. Lawrence vs. Barden

In terms of dual rail Strat or Tele size designs, what are your thoughts on how these companies compare with each other? I'm really considering Bardens. I've heard nothing but good about them, and they also look killer with those curved, polished, slightly offset pole pieces. But the Lawrences are so much cheaper, and I'm sure he makes a pickup that sounds just as good if not better. I also see that DMZ and Duncan have their models in this area as well. I'm looking for something kind of PAF/PG-like. Chewy and powerful, but still clear and biting.
    Last edited by ItsaBass; 05-06-2013, 08:04 AM.
    Originally posted by LesStrat
    Yogi Berra was correct.
    Originally posted by JOLLY
    I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Re: SD vs. DMZ vs. Lawrence vs. Barden

I love it when people start threads that I was just planning to start.
    I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

Re: SD vs. DMZ vs. Lawrence vs. Barden

My experience with the real Bill is his pickups are really clear. Bright, biting. I have heard great things about his dual rail as well as the micro coil. I'm just on a stock fit right now.

Really liked my Vintage Rails. Bardens I thought were great but its been over 10 years since I had a set.

I'm just on a stock fit right now.

Comment

Working...
      X