DMZ high ouput Alnico users question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DMZ high ouput Alnico users question

I find the med/high output Dimarzios to suit my tastes very well.

I went to my Dimarzio place and wanted either a FRED, Mo Joe or Norton in all black (for my H/H Strat bridge).
    He didn't have any, BUT there was a Breed bridge that I bought.
    I don't really like it. I like the tone it produces, but it seems pretty different than other DMZs in it's class and they fit my needs better.
    It lacks something to me. It sounds slightly harsh in the high end (not the presence).

I've played (and liked)-
    PafPro
    MoJoe
    FRED
    Norton
    ToneZone
    AirZone
    AND, I have an Evolution neck which I put an UOA5 in and Love!

Has anyone else found the Breed to be somewhat different than other similar med/high output A5 pick-ups?
    The difference isn't huge, but it seems enough to be noticeable to me, and enough to keep me tweaking too much.
    I've messed with the pick-up height, the hex screw height, blah blah blah- but it's not quite right.

Re: DMZ high ouput Alnico users question

What value pots are you using?

Of all the pickups I've ever used, A5 loaded DiMarzios seem to really agree with me personally the most. I have an Air Norton and a Tone Zone currently sitting in my Music Man. I've tried every pickup you mentioned up there except the MoJoe, and that aforementioned guitar had a FRED in it for a long time.

The Breed is the one remaining pickup I've not tried yet. I haven't even tried the JEM7DBK which comes stock with them. However, I do hear a lot of good sound clips from it.

Comment

The Breed is one of the few DMZ's I have yet to try. What guitar is it in?

Comment

Originally posted by TheLivingDead View Post
        The Breed is one of the few DMZ's I have yet to try. What guitar is it in?
        Just a regular (H/H) Strat- alder body- maple/rosewood neck.

I like the TZ and Norton much better- but I was wondering if the AT-1 would sound nice.

Comment

Originally posted by KRKBAB View Post
          Just a regular (H/H) Strat- alder body- maple/rosewood neck.

I like the TZ and Norton much better- but I was wondering if the AT-1 would sound nice.
          I just put an AT-1 in a Korina guitar that is on the bright side, it suits this guitar perfectly as the AT-1 is a very fat sounding pickup. It has big sounding lows and low mids with present highs, the highs are not as rolled off as the EQ chart on the Dimarzio website seems to indicate. If you have a darker sounding amp it might be to dark for you but I cannot really imagine this pickup sounding "bad"

Comment

Working...
          X