Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maricela Juarez

Originally posted by stratneck2 View Post
    So, You can just call Custom shop and Speak with MJ. that's it ?.....And then discuss what you want in the PuP ?
    I am asking, cuz never done this.....
    Thank you !
    Or shoot the custom shop an email.
    SBMM JP70 "Shadow" - ESP Horizon "Violet" - Charvel Model 5 "Cherry" - Ibanez S570 "Beast" - Ibanez RG470 "Penny" - Ibanez RG4Ex1 "Azure" - Fender Strat "Candy"
    Mi Familia

Comment

Don't know if she has an account on here - but if she does, I think she deserves the tribute honorary gloss. Actually better than that - we can call it the mirror shine.

What say ye?

Maybe a royalty theme:
      Countess of coils
      Princess of Poles

Or is this a bad idea?

Comment

Originally posted by LtKojak View Post
        All CS single coil p'ups are made by hand the way you like it, Richard.

Humbuckers are wound on the physically same machine it wound the PAF p'ups we all know and love IN 1959!

For the record, this machine, the Leesona 102, runs better today than it ever did in the '50s, when it got serviced only when it broke down.

Plus, the operator is NOT some clueless temp on minimum wage, but one of the few living legends of tone.

Now tell me all of this is ok, but it still isn't as good as hand-guided-scatter...
        The single-coils are wound on a machine but the wire is hand-guided. She doesn't sit there and wrap the wire around the bobbin.

Hand-guided scatter being better is a matter of opinion.

Comment

Yes.. and if you call the Custom Shop (call Duncan and follow the prompts to CUSTOM SHOP).. she answers the phone... at least every time I've called it was her who answered. Just tell her what you want, she's really nice and sweet.... and have credit card in hand... she'll get you setup. Really.. it's that easy.. MUCH EASIER than the WAIT ARGH!!! =) I have two on the way.. =)

Originally posted by stratneck2 View Post
          So, You can just call Custom shop and Speak with MJ. that's it ?.....And then discuss what you want in the PuP ?
          I am asking, cuz never done this.....
          Thank you !

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
            The single-coils are wound on a machine but the wire is hand-guided.
            You don't say...

She doesn't sit there and wrap the wire around the bobbin.
            YOU DON'T SAY...!

Hand-guided scatter being better is a matter of opinion.
            Richard Parker will try to convince you at any cost that BKP p'upsd are better than Duncans just because is "hand-scatterwound".

Comment

You don't say...

YOU DON'T SAY...!
              There are some folks who would think that hand wound would mean "bobbin in one hand, wire in another, start wrapping."

Richard Parker will try to convince you at any cost that BKP p'upsd are better than Duncans just because is "hand-scatterwound".
              And he will fail.

Comment

When I ordered my 3 Custom Shop Jrs - DistortionJr, JazzJr, and CustomJr - I had no clue about wire gauge and gauss and all that crap. I didn't even know there were various grades of Alnico magnets. I just wanted a Distortion, Jazz, and Custom in a pickup the size of a JBJr/Lil59. She called and asked me a few questions, and I felt like a knuckle-dragging neanderthal speaking to a rocket scientist with simple grunts and monkey noises.

She asked me how I wanted them to sound. All I could say was "just like the full-size versions". She asked me about coil wire and some other stuff that turned my brain to mush.

When my 3 pickups arrived, I had a Distortion, Jazz, and Custom in the JBJr/Lil59 form factor. MJ knows pickups.

Even before I knew anything more than how to (mis)read a Duncan wiring diagram, I knew I liked older Duncan Distortions with the DDJ sticker. The DDLs were ok, but the DDJs always seemed a touch "better" for some reason. It was only years later I'd heard about MJ, and that's what the "J" meant (always thought it meant "Duncan Distortion wound for Jackson guitars" since that's where I always seemed to get them from )
                Originally posted by Brown Note
                I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
                My Blog

Comment

There are some folks who would think that hand wound would mean "bobbin in one hand, wire in another, start wrapping."
                  You're probably right... somehow I don't think they'll be in possession of opposable thumbs.

Comment

Working...
                  X