banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

routing depth in current model USA standards.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• routing depth in current model USA standards.

I have a 1991 strat plus. Last time i installed humbukcers, the bathtub route was not deep enough to fit them so i had to do some modifications.

One of my students has a 2012(ish) USA standard. Will a pair of humbuckers fit into the route without modification?
    "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
    Yehudi Menuhin

Re: routing depth in current model USA standards.

I had a 1994 with the pool route. Same thing. The remedy for me was short leg baseplates and shorter screws.

Not sure of the 2012 but my guess would be they are routed HSS or HSH but still need short legs. Seems to be the way they do things.

EDIT:
    Confirmed HSH, use short legs and screws. Looked up eBay auctions for a 2012 am std body.

Comment

ok. cool.
      So can i order short leg versions of the pickups easily enough?
      Hes probably going to go for the "hot rodded" jb/jazz set
      "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
      Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

All of the JB and Jazz pups I've gotten over the last decade were short legged until I got an antiquity set and they were long legged. If you're gonna buy from a local shop just make sure they check before ordering.
        2007 Strat ('78 bridge, a2 Pro neck)
        1976 Strat (Antiquity 1 set)

Fender, Mesa, Marshall Amps

Comment

Thats good news, but looks like he ordered it before i had a chance to tell him to get a trembucker. No big deal i guess.
          Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

All you need is a humbucker with short legs.

They come with short and long legs.

Comment

Working...
            X