Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pick up Wiring

Hi Forum

I have a question about a hot rails pickup with a 2 conductor and a ground White, Red, and shield . I'm
    working on an Ibanez using this pickup as the middle position with a full shred neck and a Screaming Demon in the Bridge . I can find the wiring diagrams for the hot rails with the 4 conductor and I can find plenty with the standard 2 wire strat pickup ones so is this P/U white bonded with ground or red bonded with ground ? Id appreciate any info you guys can give

Thanks

Re: Pick up Wiring

The answer is: Yes.

Red and White are interchangeable, depending on which sound you like better when mixed with the bridge and neck pickups. If you like red to hot when mixed with the bridge, but prefer white to hot when mixed with the neck, you could use red and swap the hot of the neck pickup (green/black), or use white and swap the green/black of the bridge, or find some convoluted switching setup where the red/white are swapped to your preference when you select either mixed position.
    Originally posted by Brown Note
    I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
    My Blog

Comment

Re: Pick up Wiring

I suppose:
      red to hot - white to ground (this is normal wiring),
      and white to hot - red to ground is revers polarity (am I right??)

Sorry for my ENG - not my Native L
      regards:
      peter
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Best Regards:
      Peter (KnifeR)

RazemRock - let's create the community for Guitar Geeks

Facebook Funpage
      YouTube
      Blog

Comment

Working...
      X