Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Series/Parallel switch on HSS Strat?

Hello,

I'm currently in the middle of a new project, a HSS strat. I had an old Squier II that I wanted to beef up and restore (I also painted it in the theme of Spiderman. I'll post pics if you want them.) And I was just thinking about the things I could do and Series/Parallel came to mind. Now I have a SHPR-2 Hot P-Rail in the bridge and I will have Push pulls to get all 4 sounds (Rail, P90, Series Parallel.) But I was thinking about having a S/P switch for position 2, 3 (I want to have an all on with a super switch), and 4. One setting being Bridge+middle series/parallel, and the other being neck+mid s/p (in pos 3 and 4.) So the switch would be (with 1 being towards bridge)

1. Bridge (p-rail)
    2. Bridge + middle (with s/p switch)
    3. Neck+Mid+Bridge (s/p on neck and mid)
    4. Neck and Mid (S/p)
    5. Neck

Is something like this possible? What would I need and how would i wire it? I would probably need 2 switches right? What kind of switches?

Re: Series/Parallel switch on HSS Strat?

You should be able to do it with a Fender Super Switch. Theres some great info about it here: http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazin...er_Switch.aspx
    “The hell with the rules. If it sounds right, then it is.” - Edward Van Halen

Comment

Working...
    X