banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I never thought Id like the JB.....I was wrong.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I never thought Id like the JB.....I was wrong.

Originally posted by JammerMatt
    Jonesie, would you consider a Les Paul "midrangey?" I just put one in mine, and at first I liked it for high-gain, but then I plugged my USA Jackson (w/JB) in, and I thought it had a nicer high-gain sound (fuller and a little more compressed). So, after careful listening, I guess I do hear that sort of piercing mid-range with my JB/LP combo. I'm going to try to tame it with a 250k pot. But, I do like the clean sound, and the JB/Jazz combo sounds great clean IMO. I did try a C5 for awhile, and I thought it was too scooped. However, I know you swear by 'em. Perhaps I didn't tweak around with the C5 long enough. Did it take you some time to dial in your C5 in your LP?
    Anything with mahogany would be considered a midrangey guitar. The Custom 5 doesn't have a strong midrange, so it's best with mahogany and mid heavy amp tones. I think you should exchange the JB for a CC. The CC's really hard NOT to like in a Paul. I used to be a C-5 diehard, but lately, I'm enjoying my LP Std Prem + with the CC/Seth. Lew also loves that combo in his Hamer Monacco.
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Re: I never thought Id like the JB.....I was wrong.

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
      Anything with mahogany would be considered a midrangey guitar. The Custom 5 doesn't have a strong midrange, so it's best with mahogany and mid heavy amp tones. I think you should exchange the JB for a CC. The CC's really hard NOT to like in a Paul. I used to be a C-5 diehard, but lately, I'm enjoying my LP Std Prem + with the CC/Seth. Lew also loves that combo in his Hamer Monacco.
      Thanks GJ, I'll mull that one over.
      Originally posted by Scott_F
      On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

Comment

Working...
      X