X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Humbuckers for Pink Floyd

Originally posted by LReese View Post
    I'd tap that!...

I think the point is you can put about any rig in Mr. Gilmour's hands and it would sound like.... Mr. Gilmour. Tone might be a bit different but it would still sound like Gilmour.
    +1 ^ Must agree. I read a quote once that said "Allan Holdsworth playing a ukulele will still sound like Allan Holdsworth" the same rings true for Gilmore.

Originally posted by Robert Delahunt View Post
    That being said, please, by all means, I know the title says humbuckers but I could use another 1,000 posts to encourage me to use single coils and a stratocaster. Please, keep telling me :-) </sarcasm>
    Have you considered coil splitting the pickup you currently have. What is in the guitar now?
    Last edited by Securb; 05-27-2013, 07:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
      +1 ^ Must agree. I read a quote once that said "Allan Holdsworth playing a ukulele will still sound like Allan Holdsworth" the same rings true for Gilmore.
      I know this, but my point is, outside of that, what humbucker guitar rig works for Pink Floyd / space rock / psychedelic rock. I'm thinking bright, cleanish, but enough balls to get the job done. I was thinking Full Shred, am I right?
      My Website || My Music
      Originally posted by US Declaration of Independence
      ... are endowed by their CREATOR with certain unalienable rights....
      Gear: Boss ME70, Ovation CC44, ESP EC-1000FM, Fender Twin Reverb, Fender Pro Junior, Fender Showmaster FMT HH

Comment

Knew he used Fenders, but rather then guess here is all his gear already done up: http://www.uberproaudio.com/who-play...-and-equipment and his interview with Guitar world printed up: http://www.pink-floyd.org/artint/dagear.htm seems Active single coils.

Comment

David Gilmour used many guitars for many of the albums most notably is. A very early Strat with serial number one. But he also used a Gretch and u believe a Les Paul for some. You can find out more here

"So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
          "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Full Shred is too heavy. I recommend the 59s.

Comment

Originally posted by Bludave View Post
              David Gilmour used many guitars for many of the albums most notably is. A very early Strat with serial number one. But he also used a Gretch and u believe a Les Paul for some. You can find out more here

http://www.gilmourish.com/
              He only ever used Strat 0001 to record Blue Light on About Face. I think he may have used it in a recent concert as well, but that was really a rare thing.

He has used Gretsches more recently. The most notable use of a Les Paul was on the solo to Another Brick In the Wall (Part 2), and that one was actually loaded with P90s.

I maintain that the best option for what the OP is looking for is something very PAF, like Seths. Something low wind with possibly mismatched coils giving a nice bright, clear tone. If you need a bit more of a push get a clean boost. I have a friend who built me a GuitarPCB Stage 3 booster and it's fantastically transparent.
              Nope...

Comment

Do you have a particular guitar in mind?
                I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

I would get a 59 and a sh4 jb, and i would get the 4 conductor versions so you could split the coils (that would probably get you close to what you're looking for). you can always ask the tone wizard too

Comment

Originally posted by Kam View Post
                    Do you have a particular guitar in mind?
                    My ESP (mahogany body with flame maple top, mahogany set neck, rosewood fretboard.
                    My Website || My Music
                    Originally posted by US Declaration of Independence
                    ... are endowed by their CREATOR with certain unalienable rights....
                    Gear: Boss ME70, Ovation CC44, ESP EC-1000FM, Fender Twin Reverb, Fender Pro Junior, Fender Showmaster FMT HH

Comment

Working...
                    X