banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Pegasus/Sentient Set - Coil Splitting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Pegasus/Sentient Set - Coil Splitting?

Just curious - has anyone tried using a coil split with the new Pegasus & Sentient pickups? If so, how did they sound? I use the coil tap on my old JB/59 sets every once in a while, so I was thinking of setting these up the same way. Wasn't sure how well they would take to it since they are a different sort of animal...

Re: New Pegasus/Sentient Set - Coil Splitting?

Not sure if anyone has yet they are just shipping now I'm with you I'm curious to see what they will do. I would imagine they would split pretty good but thats just a guess.
    "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
    you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

Re: New Pegasus/Sentient Set - Coil Splitting?

Happy to report that they sound pretty damn awesome with a coil split. I put a Pegasus/Sentient set in my new Schecter Loomis NT. Since I had to replace the pot anyway (stock was for active PUPs), I had them put in a push pull for tapping the coils. The Sentient particularly sounds good; it's got a very strat-ish sound in this guitar. Awesome pickups.

Comment

Working...
      X