Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Opinions: push/pull or mini switch

Originally posted by agentzero12 View Post
    It'll be on an heirloom type build. So I won't be selling, but passing down to my son. I like the concept of the push-push, but I would tend to hit them so I'd need to check the quality. That would be ideal though.
    They're pretty rugged, so unless you plan on hitting them with a closed fist or a hammer, you should be fine. Slapping them is OK.
    Originally posted by DrNewcenstein
    To understand the idiot, you must think like an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by blueman335 View Post
      Drawback to push-push is you can't tell by looking at it what mode it's in.
      That's not true. Here are some pictures -- you can clearly tell when they are in the up or down position, the same as you can with push-pull pots.

To quote a friend, "They are EXCELLENT for on-the-fly operation .... much easier to use that push-pull type knob/buttons. You can kinda just smack on it and the button will operate, you don't have to be so precise or bother with getting your pick oriented ok to deal with grabbing the knob to pull it up. Just bounce your finger/thumb/palm/knuckle/whatever on top of the knob and the button will either lock down or pop up all by itself. You can use a much wider selection of knobs with those as well, because they don't have to be something that you need to actually grab ahold of to pull them upwards, just smack 'em on the noggin' to operate the switch."

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP8255.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	5768528

Name:	IMGP8256.jpg
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	5768529

Name:	IMGP5224.jpg
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	5768531
      Originally posted by DrNewcenstein
      To understand the idiot, you must think like an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by blueman335 View Post
        Drawback to push-push is you can't tell by looking at it what mode it's in.
        Where did you dig up that little gem? It's completely false. They look just like push/pulls when switched.

I don't like 'em either...but saying that you can't visually tell what position they're in is just plain wrong.
        Originally posted by LesStrat
        Yogi Berra was correct.
        Originally posted by JOLLY
        I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

I am a switch guy myself. I have a push/pull on the new tele and on my 85 Ibanez but at the end of the day I like a switch.

Comment

I have push/pulls and switches on different guitars. I prefer the push/pulls. To me its easier to hit a switch accidentally than a push/pull. You need knobs that you can grip with the push/pulls or you need them to sit high enough that you can get a grip on the lower edge. when checking settings, I can feel where the push/pulls are without pushing them in. That's not so easy with switches. Could help on a dark stage.

Comment

Working...
            X