Wood difference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wood difference?

All the pickup companies tweak their 7 and 8 string models from the original 6 string designs with the needs of the lower strings in mind. The Distortion7 is awesome in mahogany and I'm sure just about any other 7 string metal guitar. Actually, my favorite passive for aggressive rhythm playing is the DiMarzio Evo7 bridge, very focused and cutting. I like it better than the Evo6.
    Mesa/Boogie MkIII+ & MkIVb + Mark Series Stack
    Marshall JVM410H
    Charvel 650 Custom-EMG 85/SLV/SLV+SPC
    Charvel San Dimas I Koa USA BKP + Style 1 2H - JB/'59, Jackson Soloist Pro MIJ
    ESP Eclipse II EMG 81/60 + Viper Urban Camo + JH-600 SPC (2)
    Carvin DC400CA + DC127T Koa - DD/'59
    Fender Custom Yngwie Strat - Seafoam Green w/rosewood, Fender Yngwie Strat - Sonic Blue w/maple, Fender Telecaster
    Charvel 475 Deluxe + 475 Exotic PATB set
    Ibanez UV7BK, B.C. Rich Eagle - Evo2/Air Norton

Comment

With my vintage style amp, a good high gain pickup like the distortion really cranks, but with something like a triple rectifier (my dream amp), you don't need a lot of gain from the pickup, and need more articulation.
      Schecter ATX Blackjack C7 BKP Painkiller (B) and Abraxas (N)
      Hagstrom Hj800 Jazzbox stock pickups
      Fender Jazz Bass EMG MJ Set
      Music Man SUB Ray5 stock pickups
      Line 6 Helix
      Dunlop Strings and Picks

The opinions expressed above are my own and do not reflect normal levels of sanity.

Comment

Hi guys thanks for all your updates, I have decided on the Sentient/Distortion combo and gonna place my orders tomorrow, is the combo acceptable?

Comment

Here is the best one I've found as a general 'guide' and SD already did it up:...I say that as you should know you can pick up ten guitars, made by the same manufacturer or luthier of the same woods and there will still be some tonal variances. Grain and amt. of oil/resin and age of wood used makes a vast difference...aged wood is best. : http://www.seymourduncan.com/blog/th...fferent-tones/

Comment

Originally posted by CTN View Post
            low B's on 7 strings don't flub out if you're using the right string gauge...
            So let's assume for a moment that someone is using the ideal string gauge. You're saying there is nothing else that contribute to the low B flubbing out? Please, I've only been playing a 7-string since 1990, so I'm interested in hearing more about how wood and pickups and effects and amps and cabs and all that sort of thing are inconsequential next to the right string gauge.

Sent from my armored space station using Tapatalk on iPad

Comment

Working...
            X