X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SH-6 Distortion in Alexi-600?

Hi guys;
    I have 2 questions first one is,
    Stock pickup that come with Ltd-Alexi-600 is Emg hz and i wanna switch it to sh-6 that i have just to hear how it sounds but its not trembucker and guitar have floyd.So off center strings on pole pieces will make difference or its not that noticable on high gain?
    And if its ok to use it; how will it sound?, wanna hear some opinion before i yank them out Or any pick up suggestions besides it?
    Guitar is Alder body, Maple neck and Ebony fretboard(rhoads shape)

Thanks

Esp Ltd Alexi-600
    Schecter Hellraiser C-1
    Washburn Mg-24 with DD

Re: SH-6 Distortion in Alexi-600?

It's ok to use it. The sound difference will be small. The difference is in that the string-to-string volume might not be perfectly even, because some strings will be in the middle of the polepieces, and others will be closer to the edge of the polepieces.

I prefer to get trembuckers for tremolos because the visual mismatch just annoys me.

Comment

I say if the difference is big enough that pickup companies deliberately create a seperate set of pickups to match the different string spacing, then it would be a big enough problem to annoy most. Hell EVH cut a huge gash in his guitar just to tilt the pickup so it would get under all the strings. I would try to trade it for a TB or something. If you wanna do it go ahead, I just know it would bug the crap out of me.

Comment

Yeah it also annoy me to some degree, stupid me thought vintage trems are fixed bridge lol thats why i got a normal humbucker for a guitar that have trem.
        I will try it and if strings are too much off centered gonna sell and buy a trembucker one.But im not gonna notice the difference in my crappy amp probably

Esp Ltd Alexi-600
        Schecter Hellraiser C-1
        Washburn Mg-24 with DD

Comment

I say the spacing mismatch won't make any audible difference with a DD. My JBJ didn't care it wasn't 53mm. My Paf Pro did, so it got transplanted.

Comment

Yeah im thinking about the same thing its a very hot pickup. Btw if i wanna sell it , what should be the selling price, %75 of the NIB's price? the pickup is less than 1 year old and soldered once, dont have scratches or something.Im asking cuz never sold a guitar part

Esp Ltd Alexi-600
            Schecter Hellraiser C-1
            Washburn Mg-24 with DD

Comment

i would think it should be fine. there maybe a touch of different but if you play with a good amount of gain, id be surprised if the difference was much if anything.

selling price depends on your local market. if there are a ton of them for sale you wont be able to get as much. 75% is a fine place to start in a sellers market, meaning there are not a lot of used sh6 pups for sale used. worst case scenario you lower your price if it doesnt sell

Comment

Yeah i couldnt find any sh-6 , and the other seymour pickups i found were pretty beaten up some dude broke the leg of it lol wtf people do with their guitar
                After all these responses i think humbucker /trembucker not gonna mean that much sound wise

Esp Ltd Alexi-600
                Schecter Hellraiser C-1
                Washburn Mg-24 with DD

Comment

Working...
                X