Neck Pickup Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neck Pickup Advice

Hello Im looking for a single neck pickup, to pair it with a CC sh-11 in a MIM alder Strat...Im looking for similar characteristics of the CC, clear clean and creamy, capable to play lead in mid-high gain, but not in a metal style

Im not a metal player nor a vintage, I like leading guitar as you know Vito Bratta, Lukather, Satriani kind of AOR music, I dont like Slash at all but I like his neck sound.

I've tried alnico II pro (paired with a JB), Jazz and 59n humbuckers, a liked the alnico II but lacked of gain compared with the jb, didnt like the Jazz at all and the 59 was ok

Now I wanna try some singles, looking for a sweet creamy sound for lead work ,2 caught my attention the Vintage Hot Stack Plus STK-S7 and Custom Stack Plus STK-S6

What do you think about those pickups, would they be a nice complement to the CC? or do you think a humbucker Alnico II Pro (again but this time paired with the CC) or the slash model neck would be a better bet?

Re: Neck Pickup Advice

If you want a good single coil sized neck pickup satch sound, then I recommend what he uses in his 24 fret with the single coil sized neck humbucker. The Dimarzio Pro track. The Duncan equivalent would be the Cool Rails neck pickup. Both have a nice focused midrange to keep the sound full without hum while having a more focused magnetic field and more mild output and wind, so the tone breathes more and isn't muffled. Either of the humbuckers you mentioned should work fine too but are you ok with routing your guitar out to fit those pickups?

Comment

Originally posted by Falloffthebonetone View Post
      If you want a good single coil sized neck pickup satch sound, then I recommend what he uses in his 24 fret with the single coil sized neck humbucker. The Dimarzio Pro track. The Duncan equivalent would be the Cool Rails neck pickup. Both have a nice focused midrange to keep the sound full without hum while having a more focused magnetic field and more mild output and wind, so the tone breathes more and isn't muffled. Either of the humbuckers you mentioned should work fine too but are you ok with routing your guitar out to fit those pickups?
      Actually Im using a protrack right now in the neck, great pu but its a little dark when clean...I wanna try the chopper and some other duncans too I will check the cool rails thanks

I didnt have any problems with the routing I just changed HSH to a HSS pickguard

I

Comment

Nice, chopper sounds perfect then.

Comment

Have you considered the little pearly gates, available from the custom shop?

Sent from my armored space station using Tapatalk on iPad

Comment

Originally posted by darthphineas View Post
            Have you considered the little pearly gates, available from the custom shop?

Sent from my armored space station using Tapatalk on iPad

Nop, I did consider getting a PG when I was looking for a neck humbucker but I heard that it was so similar and even brighter than the 59n so I tought it would be a waste of money and time...

are you familiar with the lil PG?

Comment

Working...
            X