question about push pull pots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about push pull pots

i read somewhere that dimarzio push pull pots are made by cts, does that mean that they would have as good of tone as normal cts pots?

Re: question about push pull pots

I paid too much for a Dimarzio push-pull pot one time. It was just a re-branded Chinese Alpha pot. Total crap.

I like the Duncan pots. I don't know whether they are produced by CTS or Bourns, but they are nice. Definitely not cheep Chinese crap.

Fender pots are CTS. Nothing fancy; but they are durable, reliable, and relatively inexpensive.

I haven't tried Ernie Ball pots, but their switches are great. They're made by CRL. Great switches.
    “The hell with the rules. If it sounds right, then it is.” - Edward Van Halen

Comment

Originally posted by dotsdad View Post
      I paid too much for a Dimarzio push-pull pot one time. It was just a re-branded Chinese Alpha pot. Total crap.

I like the Duncan pots. I don't know whether they are produced by CTS or Bourns, but they are nice. Definitely not cheep Chinese crap.

Fender pots are CTS. Nothing fancy; but they are durable, reliable, and relatively inexpensive.

I haven't tried Ernie Ball pots, but their switches are great. They're made by CRL. Great switches.
      Good to hear that about dimarzio pots , they are 4 x of the price of alpha's here and i wa thinking about getting them.Im gonna get Alpha for the volume, cheap enough to throw if its ****

Esp Ltd Alexi-600
      Schecter Hellraiser C-1
      Washburn Mg-24 with DD

Comment

I don't know that the brand of pots effects the tone; more likley the expensive pots will last longer.
        "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
        "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
        "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Higher quality pots have a better taper and will probably last longer and are probably have a closer tolerance to their values (250k/500k/1M). The difference between pots are also wether they are audio or linear. Audio gives a even taper from 0 to 10 Linear everything mostly happens in 1 to 4. I like low friction pots like the ones that come on fenders. Makes violin vol swells easy with the pinky.
          Originally posted by KBliss
          WELCOME TO THE FORUM! Make sure you spend more time playing than you do on this forum. That's our sickness.
          Originally posted by trevorus
          The revolutionaries become the bureaucrats the day after the revolution is over...

Comment

It seems that CTS no longer makes the push-pull pots, so Dimarzio may have used them at one time, but has been forced to change to another brand. I've heard that the Bourns push-pulls are the best bet these days, but haven't used them myself. About a year or so ago the CTS push-pulls started disappearing from the market, and there were threads from guys trying to find them. Unless you can find a stash of NOS CTS p-p's, it looks like Alpha and Bourns are the only choices left.

Al

Comment

Working...
            X