Need help for my Pearly Gate Plus, Pickup Cover, and Yamaha Pacifica 112V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help for my Pearly Gate Plus, Pickup Cover, and Yamaha Pacifica 112V

Hi, this my first thread but not my first post anyway. And I hope my English is enough to be understandable

I have a Yamaha Pacifica 112V with it's standard PU installed, then recently bought a Pearly Gate Plus (PGP) for the bridge PU replacement, and I want to have it covered with a nickel cover. From the suggestion I read and also from the answers I gathered from this forum, it said that the standard size (SH) PG+ will fit on and works fine on those strat HSS guitar because it was originally build for a strat (CMIIW), so then I bought the humbucker sized PG+ rather then the fact that my guitar needs a trembucker F-spaced bridge pickup.

Then I bought the cover separately because the PG+ that I had is the not-covered one (standard one). The difficulties to find a nickel chrome cover and the seymour duncan cover parts around my place has made to decice to import it from an online seller, and went for the Gibson one. But then when I got the cover, try to put it on the PG+, the poles doesn't fit properly with the cover holes. The first thing I tought is "Am I get the wrong size for the cover?" Too bad there are no explanations from the cover whether it is a trembucker or humbucker cover, but I'm pretty sure that I ordered the humbucker one.
    I tried to measure the length to make sure what sized is the cover, and from my approximation tells that it's a trembucker one. The problem goes on when I tried to measure the PG+, stock bridge PU, and string spacing. I just know that the stock PU's poles aren't in exact position below the high E-string.

The problem here is not about whether the seller sent me the wrong item, or am I being cheated or such, but it's what I want to ask.

1. Should I go for a trembucker PG+ or just standard humbucker one since I know that the stock PU is a standard humbucker but with this "not precised poles" problem on it?

2. Why some said that standard sized PG+ will works fine with a strat? What makes it different with any other standard sized humbucker?

3. Does gibson standard sized humbucker is a trembucker????

4. What PU cover will fit on my PG+ ?? What sized or anything else ??

Sorry for a really long story, well I just try to get it as clearly as I can with my limited language skill. Because I want to know from where to start over with those, is it to get a new pickup or just a new cover, or am I gonna stay with my PG+ or change it with other sized PU.

Thank you, I appreciate for your answers.

Need help for my Pearly Gate Plus, Pickup Cover, and Yamaha Pacifica 112V

The problem with the PG+ not being trembucker spaced is mostly aestetic. You might hear a slight lower volume on the outer E string but most don't.

Modern Gibson bridge pickups are trem spaced or closer to it than vintage spaced anyway.

Mojotone.com has quality covers for good prices. Their 49.2mm cover fits standard spacing humbuckers well.

Also pickups can be ordered with covers from Seymour Duncan and covers can be ordered separately.

Whether you need the trembucker is up to you, if you don't mind the look under your strings and it sounds fine then keep it. If its a problem for you then return it for a TB version, but if you get a trembucker version get it with a cover already.

Comment

Re: Need help for my Pearly Gate Plus, Pickup Cover, and Yamaha Pacifica 112V

Originally posted by allstarrme View Post
      The problem with the PG+ not being trembucker spaced is mostly aestetic. You might hear a slight lower volume on the outer E string but most don't.

Modern Gibson bridge pickups are trem spaced or closer to it than vintage spaced anyway.

Mojotone.com has quality covers for good prices. Their 49.2mm cover fits standard spacing humbuckers well.

Also pickups can be ordered with covers from Seymour Duncan and covers can be ordered separately.

Whether you need the trembucker is up to you, if you don't mind the look under your strings and it sounds fine then keep it. If its a problem for you then return it for a TB version, but if you get a trembucker version get it with a cover already.
      Thank you very much for the answers
      Oh glad to hear that it's just an aesthetic problem, but is it just specifically for PG+ or it just the same with all the duncan's other humbucker??

So if I'm going to buy a new cover, will I go look for the 49.2mm or 50mm spacing?? What is the exact spacing for PG+ actually??

My local dealer for Seymour Duncan only have the normal pickup, very few for the covered one, and they didn't have parts such as covers separately, that's why I have to go for online seller or now I'm trying to try with the SD online dealers but still trying to find out whether they accept any shipment to my country or not.

Anyway, if I have to go with the unbranded-cover one, is that OK or it will affect something to my tone or anything else??
      Last edited by bandhi; 06-03-2013, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X