Wiring help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring help

Im working on a project and im trying to think if i need a 5 way switch with more poles than normal. Its a mini humbucker in the neck and a tapped tele in the bridge. a diagram would be eternally useful as well.
    Positions
    1 Neck
    2 Neck (Parallel)
    3 Neck/Bridge Tapped
    4 Bridge Tapped
    5 Bridge
    sigpic
    Warmoth Split Jazzmaster (Zhangbucker Crushbucker UOA5 splat, Cherrick tapped)
    Dunlop Crybaby
    MXR Custom Comp
    GFS Twin Overdrive
    Boss BD-2 Bluesdriver
    Blackstar HT-DISTX
    Seymour Duncan 84-40 (Weber Grey Wolf Light Dope)

Re: Wiring help

Yes, you need a super switch.

EDIT: sorry, that's not super helpful. I'm still thinking about how to wire it. It'll be tomorrow, I've got brain drain right now.

Comment

I don't have a diagram either, but a good thing to remember is that a standard 5-way switch is the same as a standard 3-way switch, but it automatically bridges the outer and middle connections (position 2 = 1&3 together, position 4 = 3&5 together).

Hence, anything in positions 2 or 4 can only be variations of those bridged connections, like auto-split.

Anything beyond that (i.e. parallel) and you'll need a SuperSwitch.
      Originally posted by Brown Note
      I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
      My Blog

Comment

thanks guys i figured as much but my brain wasnt cooperating last night. some reason wiring a 6 pos 4 pole rotary with a bunch of series parallel and splits was no problem. but for some reason this was difficult.
        sigpic
        Warmoth Split Jazzmaster (Zhangbucker Crushbucker UOA5 splat, Cherrick tapped)
        Dunlop Crybaby
        MXR Custom Comp
        GFS Twin Overdrive
        Boss BD-2 Bluesdriver
        Blackstar HT-DISTX
        Seymour Duncan 84-40 (Weber Grey Wolf Light Dope)

Comment

I hear ya. Sometimes it's a matter of perspective

5-way SS is similar to 6-way rotor, just one less option.
          Originally posted by Brown Note
          I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
          My Blog

Comment

Working...
          X