Full Shred hybrids anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full Shred hybrids anyone?

Full Shred is the one passive HB that I have yet to try on the Duncan arsenal. I'm going to try it out first, but I was wondering has anybody used one of the coils to make it into hybrid? Can I use it something like 59 or DD/JB or is it made using 44 gauge wire, in which case I won't get the full "hybrid" effect. Thanks.

*edit* Does anybody what sort of wire gauge Full Shred uses then?
    Last edited by lazyfinger; 06-13-2013, 10:42 PM.

Re: Full Shred hybrids anyone?

Pretty sure the FS bridge is another variation of the custom wind. Not sure on the gauge. I made a DD/ FS hybrid bridge with thick ceramic. It's great, now I need a neck to match.

I have heard the FS with thick ceramic is good to, better than the A5.

I'm thinking FS neck with a DD neck with A4. I need something that splits well and works in a 24 fretter, the dd neck is also based on an under wound custom I hear.

Comment

Originally posted by allstarrme View Post
      Pretty sure the FS bridge is another variation of the custom wind. Not sure on the gauge. I made a DD/ FS hybrid bridge with thick ceramic. It's great, now I need a neck to match.

I have heard the FS with thick ceramic is good to, better than the A5.

I'm thinking FS neck with a DD neck with A4. I need something that splits well and works in a 24 fretter, the dd neck is also based on an under wound custom I hear.
      I think the Custom is 43 gauge wire, so if it's similar it's 43 gauge I guess? I had a DD and Demon hybrid and DD and Custom hybrid, and that was fantastic! But the Custom and Demon hybrid was a little ear piercing on the highs.

The thick ceramic on the FS sounds like something I should definitely try.

Comment

The Custom and Demon are both 43 (as is the FS). Makes sense that hybrid would be gnasty.

I'll bet the DD/FS is pretty righteous.

Comment

I've always wanted a full shred Invader hybrid for the bridge with a Demon Invader hybrid for the neck....

Comment

Did you ever try that C/Vader yet?

Comment

Originally posted by King IzzO))) View Post
              Did you ever try that C/Vader yet?
              I was going to put it in my Ec1000 but a friend of mine is building me a SG/Viper type thing that will probably be home to the Invader Custom hybrid...

Maple body
              Maple neck
              Maple board
              24 frets

It's either going to be seafoam green or charger green....
              Last edited by LatsMcGee; 06-14-2013, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X