Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Telecaster Humbucker pickups

Hello,

I have a Telecaster thin line that has the two stock single coil pickups.

I am looking to replace the bridge pick up with a humbucker or at least something stronger than my current stock single coil. I play more blues/rock than I do country twang. I am looking for something that is going to give me a nice bite when I use my Tube Screamer.

The sound that I am going for is similar Albert Cummings and Ian Moore (from the 90's).

I know Albert Cummings is a Strat player and not a Tele player but he uses Pearly Gates for his bridge pickup. I am wondering if what the differences are between the Tele HotStack, Tele Hot Rails, and the Pearly Gates for Telecaster pick ups.? I also like a little more treble than mids.

Can anyone point me in the right direction or have any good ideas?

Thank you in advance for your time and energy.

Spencer

Re: Telecaster Humbucker pickups

I have not played all the Tele options for blues/rock music, but here is what has worked for me besides the stock bridge in my 93 MIA Tele.

Duncan QP: Hot full bodied single coil. On the hot end for what I think you're describing; can be ordered with a coil tap to have a switchable less hot sound.

Duncan lil59: Used one in a Strat, just a great all around blues and rock pup, patterned after the SD 59, although I'm not how close to the 59 it actually is.

Dimarzio Chopper T: A medium hot bucker, has a high end that gives it a single coil vibe. Running a switch for parallel on this gives you a nice generic Tele option also. I don't mean "generic" in a bad way, more in a neutral way. If you're not picky about a normal Tele sound, it will be a nice option with the normal series sound.

I've used the Hot Rails, a great pup for hard rock and metal, and I know it can be adapted for other styles, but it wouldn't be my pick for the music you've described.
    Last edited by Laughing Kookaburra; 06-14-2013, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X