Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• changing from active to passive pickups

Hey guys!

A few years ago I bought a Schecter hellraiser C1-special, it has the classic EMG configuration of the 81 and 85. Now a few years later my musical taste has changed I want to replace the EMG's with passive pickups. I'm thinking about putting a P90 in the neck and a nice humbucker for the bridge which goes well with the P90 (any suggestions?), coil splitting would be awesome. But to do this I should also put new pots in the guitar (500K). I'm a total newby in replacing pickups, so I would love some help! luckily seymour duncan has great wiring diagrams which helped me a bit but I still don't really know how to do this... The connections of humbuckers and P90's are different so does this also change the wiring? In my guitar I have 2 volume pots and 1 tone and a 3-way. My main question is here; which diagrams should I use? and how should I combine them? And is coil splitting still an option? And if I should learn more about wiring where should I go?

Some help would be great!

Re: changing from active to passive pickups

I've got that same guitar and replaced pups about 5 years ago. I put a P-Rails in the bridge and couldn't be happier. Use a Triple Shot mounting ring and you will be able to get series humbucker, parallel bucker, split to P-90 coil, or split to Rail coil. The P-Rail pup is wired just like any other 4 conductor humbucker.

If you just want split option, here is a diagram:

If you have a P-90 in the neck, you will just be using the black and green wires in the diagram for that pup (no red and white).
    Originally Posted by IanBallard
    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Working...
    X